Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Have always had an affinity for antique Colt Single Actions!
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made contact with an extremely nice lady at Bonhams Auction house.
Helen [email protected], she is located in England, so beware of time difference, you have to contact her with a time she can call you, as their site will not allow any credit card information to be posted! Your order will and can be done over phone if so desired! The first of the catalogs were received today according to Ms.Granthams information.
IMHO this catalog is going to go fast, and it’s historical value will be without peer!
I hope this information is good for all of you that have partaken in conversations with Texasgirl!

·
Registered
127 Posts
On August 27, Bonhams will present The Early West: The Collection of xxxxxxxxxxxx, a sale of 265 lots.

Are you referring to this auction?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just made contact with an extremely nice lady at Bonhams Auction house.
Helen [email protected], she is located in England, so beware of time difference, you have to contact her with a time she can call you, as their site will not allow any credit card information to be posted! Your order will and can be done over phone if so desired! The first of the catalogs were received today according to Ms.Granthams information.
IMHO this catalog is going to go fast, and it’s historical value will be without peer!
I hope this information is good for all of you that have partaken in conversations with Texasgirl!
I’m going to find out if it will be available via New York or LA. Calling England seems like a lot of work to me. Thx so much for posting💜

·
Registered
70 Posts
If Bonhams was smart, they would turn this catalog into a book of famous old west guns and the stories behind them with more detail.
My sister and I would love to make a coffee table book. We’ve discussed it many times. I’ll keep you posted. We have a lot of Early West books my parents published and I asked my sister if we could mail some out gratis to my new Colt Forum friends and she agreed it was a good idea. I won’t forget once I get through this auction.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,307 Posts
My sister and I would love to make a coffee table book. We’ve discussed it many times. I’ll keep you posted. We have a lot of Early West books my parents published and I asked my sister if we could mail some out gratis to my new Colt Forum friends and she agreed it was a good idea. I won’t forget once I get through this auction.
Texasgirl

Please add me to the list, glad to pay for whatever it cost. Your parents had an amazing collection that will probably never be equaled. I have spent the last few days reading each description. This is my favorite along with the Johnny Ringo story:

Cam.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m going to find out if it will be available via New York or LA. Calling England seems like a lot of work to me. Thx so much for posting💜
Good point about this, but to explain once you or anyone contacts Helen though the internet site telling her what your phone number is,SHE WILL CALL YOU! Helen has gone out of her way to contact anyone that is interested in obtaining a catalog as far as I know!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Good point about this, but to explain once you or anyone contacts Helen though the internet site telling her what your phone number is,SHE WILL CALL YOU! Helen has gone out of her way to contact anyone that is interested in obtaining a catalog as far as I know!
With what you are spending on the firearms in the collection, the cost of a call to England is a mere pittance. All you do is dial 011-44 and then the number.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Texasgirl

Please add me to the list, glad to pay for whatever it cost. Your parents had an amazing collection that will probably never be equaled. I have spent the last few days reading each description. This is my favorite along with the Johnny Ringo story:

Cam.
My parents LOVED JWH maybe because of TX? But he was the meanest…killed more than anyone else…then became a lawyer? Ha! Love that part. I’ve been to his grave in El Paso many times with my parents and Bobby McNellis. I’m sure there is a photo somewhere of us standing next to his headstone. When daddy died, Liz and I started going through the gun room to assess the job ahead and in a flat file cabinet we found Selman’s handwritten account of the JWH killing. I’m really glad it survived through the years! I always wonder why there isn’t a movie about JWH. He was a pretty interesting figure in the west but he’s most overlooked, in my opinion.
I’m glad you’re enjoying all the write up’s in the catalog. I find them really interesting, as well. Susan

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My parents LOVED JWH maybe because of TX? But he was the meanest…killed more than anyone else…then became a lawyer? Ha! Love that part. I’ve been to his grave in El Paso many times with my parents and Bobby McNellis. I’m sure there is a photo somewhere of us standing next to his headstone. When daddy died, Liz and I started going through the gun room to assess the job ahead and in a flat file cabinet we found Selman’s handwritten account of the JWH killing. I’m really glad it survived through the years! I always wonder why there isn’t a movie about JWH. He was a pretty interesting figure in the west but he’s most overlooked, in my opinion.
I’m glad you’re enjoying all the write up’s in the catalog. I find them really interesting, as well. Susan
Texas has some of the most interesting people and stories! We were on our way to moving to Texas (aunt and uncle lived in New Braunfels, we had put money down on a small place in Pearson, but my job transfer interfered and we ended up here in the Panhandle of Idaho. I have a Colt that I am backgrounding, allegedly used in the last shoot out in New Mexico 1921 where three died over water rights!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Texas has some of the most interesting people and stories! We were on our way to moving to Texas (aunt and uncle lived in New Braunfels, we had put money down on a small place in Pearson, but my job transfer interfered and we ended up here in the Panhandle of Idaho. I have a Colt that I am backgrounding, allegedly used in the last shoot out in New Mexico 1921 where three died over water rights!
I’ve been to Idaho. It’s a beautiful state, but please know Texas will always welcome you and your family. Enjoy researching that Colt. That’s almost as much fun as owning the gun! Susan

·
Registered
182 Posts
I always wonder why there isn’t a movie about JWH. He was a pretty interesting figure in the west but he’s most overlooked, in my opinion.
There have been at least two, Hardin in 2015 and Rock Hudson played him in The Lawless Breed in '52 or '53.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts