Colt Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I downloaded the catalog as soon as I found out about it in Texasgirl's thread. It is such interesting reading. My love of history, the Old West and firearms have all been very happy lately. I just can't thank her family enough for preserving and sharing this with us.

·
Registered
Have always had an affinity for antique Colt Single Actions!
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ve been to Idaho. It’s a beautiful state, but please know Texas will always welcome you and your family. Enjoy researching that Colt. That’s almost as much fun as owning the gun! Susan
Your absolutely right! and thanks for the invite! Please consider this an invitation to you and yours if you ever get this far North again!
Susan, I know that you probably already know this, but there’s quite a few of us that envy your upbringing and also admire your parents for doing it their way! I know I do!🤗

·
The Consummate Collector
7,349 Posts
My parents LOVED JWH maybe because of TX? But he was the meanest…killed more than anyone else…then became a lawyer? Ha! Love that part. I’ve been to his grave in El Paso many times with my parents and Bobby McNellis. I’m sure there is a photo somewhere of us standing next to his headstone. When daddy died, Liz and I started going through the gun room to assess the job ahead and in a flat file cabinet we found Selman’s handwritten account of the JWH killing. I’m really glad it survived through the years! I always wonder why there isn’t a movie about JWH. He was a pretty interesting figure in the west but he’s most overlooked, in my opinion.
I’m glad you’re enjoying all the write up’s in the catalog. I find them really interesting, as well. Susan
Yes, I agree. I always felt that he was one of the worst killers in the old west and to think he called himself a lawyer.

Cam.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, I agree. I always felt that he was one of the worst killers in the old west and to think he called himself a lawyer.

Cam.
Well Cam, methinks maybe it fits! No fault of the good ones lol, just that some I have had to deal with were pretty bad! I am a former DOJ Agent from that southwestern republic that no one likes!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
My parents LOVED JWH maybe because of TX? But he was the meanest…killed more than anyone else…then became a lawyer? Ha! Love that part. I’ve been to his grave in El Paso many times with my parents and Bobby McNellis. I’m sure there is a photo somewhere of us standing next to his headstone. When daddy died, Liz and I started going through the gun room to assess the job ahead and in a flat file cabinet we found Selman’s handwritten account of the JWH killing. I’m really glad it survived through the years! I always wonder why there isn’t a movie about JWH. He was a pretty interesting figure in the west but he’s most overlooked, in my opinion.
I’m glad you’re enjoying all the write up’s in the catalog. I find them really interesting, as well. Susan
Selman is also buried there…I visited Hardin’s grave a number of years ago and phoned my wife, I told her I was at John Wesley Hardin’s grave…she said, “Who?” By his own account the only man he was afraid of was Bill Hickok and stated after shooting through the wall of the boarding house to stop a man from snoring, he fled out a window because he knew Hickok would be coming for him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Selman is also buried there…I visited Hardin’s grave a number of years ago and phoned my wife, I told her I was at John Wesley Hardin’s grave…she said, “Who?” By his own account the only man he was afraid of was Bill Hickok and stated after shooting through the wall of the boarding house to stop a man from snoring, he fled out a window because he knew Hickok would be coming for him.
That’s an interesting story about JWH!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I downloaded the catalog as soon as I found out about it in Texasgirl's thread. It is such interesting reading. My love of history, the Old West and firearms have all been very happy lately. I just can't thank her family enough for preserving and sharing this with us.
where can i download this catalog ?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
OMG!!!! Maybe I’ll get mine today🙏🏻🙏🏻 I’m so excited to see it for myself but mainly as a gift to my fabulous parents.
Good on you!!! You should have been first in line!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to order one without calling across the pond? I am not even sure what time it is over there. It's all I can do figuring out what time it is in AZ when I call Jim Martin.
Call first thing in the mornings and you should hit them about right. Probably closed on the weekend. Phone number is
011 44 1666 502200.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to order one without calling across the pond? I am not even sure what time it is over there. It's all I can do figuring out what time it is in AZ when I call Jim Martin.

Sure, send an email to Helen at this address

[email protected]

Give her your location, time zone and phone number with area code. Tell her the catalog you want. I sent an email two days ago. She called me at 9:30am this morning. Cost for the catalog is $45 delivered. Cheaper than any RIA catalog I have bought!

·
Registered
140 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts