Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 14 Posts

· Registered
12,840 Posts
Hi ei8ht,

I am pretty sure those Stocks are old Home-Made ones, and not a Colt option of the day.

They appear to be made of Quarter Sawn Oak, and, that was not a Species which Colt would have offered or used.

Also, their overall shape and the tool marks and irregularities in areas of their backs, would not co-respond to the details of a Colt Stock when such was made of Wood.

Both Screw escutcheons appear to have been set into slightly too shallow of a counterbore, and then filed down to be flush with the surface of the Wood, with the left side one being more filed down than the right.

This also is not what one would see if a set of Wooden Stocks were a Colt item.

No doubt they are old, and had been with the Pistol however long...but, I am confident that they were not what the Pistol came with from Colt.

· Registered
12,840 Posts
The Wooden Stocks I have seen which were Colt options for the earlier period of the Pocket Hammerless Models, were Checkered Walnut...and I m-a-y recall seeing some which had the 'Fleur de Lis' feature, being, I suppose, a Deluxe Checkered Walnut variation.

I wish I had some examples to be able to say for sure what their details are, as well as that it would be nice to have some!

1 - 6 of 14 Posts