Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'early\' Detective Special.....NOT

How "early" is early? To me it's not a 1957 Detective Special. Furthermore, it's not even a square butt model. 30 years later is NOT 'early' and the usage of 'early' is a pet peeve of mine. To me, the s/n must be a 3 digit at most or a 1st year of production. Small production numbers (like the Marshal and Courier) shall be a 1-2 digits to be early.

Late Detective Special 'NOT'

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: \'early\' Detective Special.....NOT

How the hell can the Marshall,numbered IN the Official Police range(by then in the 800,000 range) and the Courier,in the LW range as the Cobra,have 1-2 digit serials????

Bud

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell can the Marshall,numbered IN the Official Police range(by then in the 800,000 range) and the Courier,in the LW range as the Cobra,have 1-2 digit serials????

Bud

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Just seeing if you were paying attention. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
9,700 Posts

"Early" is a relative term. To me, "early" is generally first year or maybe five years on a model in produciton for decades, like a Detective Special. I just bought a boxed 1935 Detective Special, which makes it in the eighth year, but it is 70 years old! I still consider it fairly early. Even a gun made in 1970 is now 35 years old (I have socks older than that!), so to a person 30 years old, it is early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts