Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or have seen any examples of early FACTORY engraved pythons? If so what is the lowest number and how about some pics as examples. I noticed an add in an old Colt catalog that it was offered and someone posted a pic of one in another post. I would like to know if any were actually produced and the type of engraving that was offered on them. Happy Hollidays to all.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
My earliest is from 1976 and is done in the characteristic scroll that we so often see from Colt during the middle 1970s through the early 1980s. While I can not confirm this, it seems to me that the Custom Shop produced more engraved Pythons during this period than any other. I do not have photos of, nor can I recall seeing a factory engraved piece earlier than about 1975, but surely they exist and perhaps someone will post it here.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is sweet. great looking work and just enough to add a little pizazz to the popular firearm but it is also the thing to make it rare enough for a collector to desire. I also have a D engraved from the 1970's as you can see from my avatar. What I would like to see is an early example if it is out there from the 1960's 0r 50's since it was offered in a catalog of the period. Thanks for posting. Even though mine is Nickel plated I would much prefer the royal blue finish.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are some very fine examples of engraved Pythons. Thanks for sharing them. Just by looking at these pics I can see the different styles of engraving. I am debating to have one of my pythons engraved but not sure what style I want or if I should even go that route. I want an engraved python as a shooter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.