Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice little Colt sleeper for sale at a reasonable price, looks in good nick for an early Colt, well worth a look and a bid. Kind regards, ALSS.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry folks site should be Antiqueguns.com. And not Antiquearms.com. typo error. My apologies. Kind regards, ALSS.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
To save the next person from spending time Googling and scrolling, here's the link:

Colt M-1849 4 inch, 70% blue, 50% frame case color

Colt M-1849 4 inch pocket, with 70% barrel blue, 50% frame case color, 80% grip varnish. Smooth brown patina on cylinder with traces of blue and 98% strong scene. .31 cal, 6 shot, #214xxx matching on bottom of gun, cylinder, loading lever and wedge. Bright bore with crisp rifling with light surface residue and spots in bore. Fine overall, very good to fine bore. Crisp like new mechanics.
ALSS Colt 1849 sleeper.jpg
Current high bid No one has bid yet.
Next minimum bid $1,400.00
Reserve NO RESERVE.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've done some business with Rob in the past but last time I looked the site was almost empty.

Rio

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Chaperosa
The link you put is for a new lot for sale by Antiqueguns .com. The Colt that they just sold, it made. $1,750 and was closed on the 29/09/2017. The new Colt they have for sale looks also in got order. These Colts seem to be coming on the market now and are fetching good prices. I like this seller, he puts up some good items for sale. Kind regards, ALSS.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Why do you never miss an opportunity to attack ALSS?
Okay, fair enough. I suppose I was overly critical. I could not locate this revolver at the time of my post. Now that I see it is an auction, and not a private purchase, sleeper or otherwise, if I had taken the time to locate something obscure on the internet for sale at auction, I might be a bit perturbed to find that the auction I hoped to snag a bargain at, in the end, yields not such a bargain anymore because a thread was created that states "hey, look at this!" ALSS, or otherwise.

Without involving character assassination, as I have never met ALSS, and, if I were to meet him, we probably might wander down to the local pub and share a few stories. But stories and tall tales are best left for sharing over a few pints. What is frustrating to me and a few others on this forum is that ALSS fails to heed the advice of others. Every now and again, the Paterson ALSS owns is resurrected, and it needs to be evaluated by an expert. This has been stated time and time again, but yet ALSS wishes to believe that his probably fake Paterson is the real deal. Already lacking credibility on this forum, ALSS presents a bizarre theory of hidden horse's heads. Just a far fetched idea, not based on factual information at all.

I was trained in the sciences, one uses the evidence to support hypotheses or claims. There is room for speculation, but until supported by scientific evidence, it is merely speculation, and nothing more than that.

Again, I have nothing against ALSS, and he probably would be a pleasure to talk to. But, if several folks provide advice, and that advice is blatantly disregarded, what's the point of soliciting that advice to begin with, if one already had one's mind made up from the very start?

One day, I hope to be pleasantly surprised when ALSS provides detailed feedback on the expert evaluation of his revolver, so that we ALL might learn from the facts, as presented.

I hope this answers your question in a courteous and civil manner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts