Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/826148332

No connection to Seller, it just caught my Eye.

No Bids, been run through a time or two now.

What am I not seeing here?

I am not in the front of the Class with the SAA, but, at a glance, I am not seeing anything not to like about it.

Which is to say, it looks just fine to me.

But, again, these are not something I am familiar enough with, to really say.

Stocks look to have been sanded along the way, and are a little too narrow now...but, otherwise...

Do you all see anything wrong with it?

Edited to say -

Oh heck, re read the description, it was converted to Center Fire sometime back when.

Sorry...there no "delete" option for some reason so I can not delete my faux pas here.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/826148332

No connection to Seller, it just caught my Eye.

No Bids, been run through a time or two now.

What am I not seeing here?

I am not in the front of the Class with the SAA, but, at a glance, I am not seeing anything not to like about it.

Which is to say, it looks just fine to me.

But, again, these are not something I am familiar enough with, to really say.

Stocks look to have been sanded along the way, and are a little too narrow now...but, otherwise...

Do you all see anything wrong with it?

Edited to say -

Oh heck, re read the description, it was converted to Center Fire sometime back when.

Sorry...there no "delete" option for some reason so I can not delete my faux pas here.
Yes, it has been crudely reconverted from 44 RF without the proper hammer or firing pin. I don't see any number on the cylinder, so it may be replaced? I cannot see the muzzle well enough, but this may not be a 44 RF barrel. I noticed too the "rattle fit" of the one-piece walnut grips. It is not worth the starting bid.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Yes, it has been crudely reconverted from 44 RF without the proper hammer or firing pin. I don't see any number on the cylinder, so it may be replaced? I cannot see the muzzle well enough, but this may not be a 44 RF barrel. I noticed too the "rattle fit" of the one-piece walnut grips. It is not worth the starting bid.
+1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts