Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
It may slide by the general stupidity of the e-bay gun police because of it's missing grip frame and because it does not look like what most people ignorant of firearms would recognize as a firearm. Under federal law, the stripped frame is considered a firearm and must be sold and transferrred via FFL the same as a complete firearm. No ifs, ands, or buts.
The one exception might be if can be proven as manufactured prior to 1898 and sold as an antique firearm, but I do not believe e-bay honors the antique exception.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Under federal law, the stripped frame is considered a firearm and must be sold and transferrred via FFL the same as a complete firearm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley with THIS as my "firearm".

Another stupid firearm law. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
At a recent local gun show I saw a seller break down a AR-15 into 2 pieces. Sold them as 2 "parts" so that shipping could be avoided. I couldn't believe that I was watching this happen. The buyer walked out with one part and his buddy walked out with the other part.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The add 's still there.

On a Dutch site similar to Ebay some guy offered a fired LAW up for sale. For those of you who don't go beyond .50 BMG, LAW stands for Light Anti-tank Weapon and is nothing less then a bazooka. This is a fire-and-throwaway weapon.
Allthough the weapon was empty, it was still an illegal item and the add was removed within hours.

This is the thread for a dutch forum for shooters. Sorry it's in Dutch, but the picture tells enough. Also note the revolver under the LAW. It's to small for me to see what kind of gun that is.

http://vuurwapens.org/vwforum/viewtopic.php?t=5315

1 - 7 of 7 Posts