Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EBCO has a Colt Det. Splc on Gunsamerica that I purchased and returned. He has it listed as 98%, well let me tell you, 65% would be more like it. Then he took $10 out of my purchase price to cover shipping. Plus I had to pay for return shipping. Just a 'Heads up" on this guy.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Were the photos,if any,"doctored" or posed with flattering light???

Sometimes I wonder about some of these photos,and would rather trust a good honest(usually conservative) verbal description from a seller I know/trust.

Have heard of cases of "bait and switch" on some of these internet auctions.

Were you a victim of this?? Helluva difference 'tween 98% and 65%!

Still love "my face to face". Yes,it has cost me some "scarce" revolvers,but I "inspect" the seller as much as the gun. I have walked a few times with a seller I didn't "like" or a gun that felt "warm" to the touch!!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st pic. was real fuzzy and the one that is up now shows the true condition. And it is still some what out of focus.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Just checked it out! Gawd!!! Looks like Mr. EBCO needs to take a course in % of blue "gun grading". Obviously a helluva lot worse up close and in person. Least the "epoxy color" blended with the "pearls"!! A $225-250 BUG,assuming its in time,and you'd need new stocks,as I wouldn't trust those "pearls" under recoil.

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, and he had the balls to deduct money from my refund too! When I called to tell him I was returning the gun, he acted shocked, like I was screwing him. He didn't lose a dime. I paid shipping both ways. He still is not being truthful in the description. The grips have a big chunk missing and are broke on the other side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts