Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went to the range today with my new colt rail gun. this gun has exceeded every expectation. when i went to clean it i was about to use eezox on the outside of the gun (the finish). i don't want it to mess up my brand new colt haven't had a new gun in ages want to keep it looking good. so what do you guys use on the rail gun to clean and protect the outside cerakote?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Cerakote really doesn't need much. On my elk rifle I just give it a quick wipe with Breakfree CLP and that's it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Go to cerakoteguncoatings.com at the top of the home page a tab labeled "testing" will provide you with your answer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the answers looks like cerakote is pretty durable! im glad because my crg is now my favorite 1911 i own. it shoots very accurate right out of the box!

·
Registered
15 Posts
went to the range today with my new colt rail gun. this gun has exceeded every expectation. when i went to clean it i was about to use eezox on the outside of the gun (the finish). i don't want it to mess up my brand new colt haven't had a new gun in ages want to keep it looking good. so what do you guys use on the rail gun to clean and protect the outside cerakote?
Interesting topic. I too just discovered Eezox after buying my first Seacamp LW32 (Seacmp highly recommends Eezox). I was concerned about using it on my recently acquired CZ pistols that have a sort of black, "ploycoat" finish. Called CZ USA and they felt there was no problem.

I really like this Eezox product, expecially on the bore of my guns. Eezox premium synthetic lubricants from Warren Custom Outdoor Products

Trooper Joe

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Ever since I switched over to Eezox from CLP, though I still keep a supply, I use it on every firearm I own without any issues to finish. From my black matte Mossberg to my nickeled Colts - the stuff just plain works on em all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts