Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
That's probably a factory defect, OR someone really did some damage with a dropped gun.

In any case, this should go directly to Colt for a factory level repair.
It's possible they may fix it for free, but don't count on it.

DON'T let anyone else tackle it. This is a Colt-only fix to insure the gun isn't botched.

The purpose of the roll pin is simply to secure the stud in place, NOT to make it tight. The fit of the stud to the crane body is what keeps it from being loose. Installing a tighter or larger pin is not a correct repair.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean about only letting colt work on it. The worst part is the shipping cost.Thanks, Mark

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
If you're "in" with a FFL Dealer, he can mail the gun through the US Mail cheaper. If you do know someone who won't scalp you on the price you can do it a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have several friends that are ffl and can ship it USPS, but the Colt website says they will only accept ups/fed ex-no usps. I'm waiting to hear back from Colt. The last gun I sent USPS cost 25$ insured for 1500$ vs. 98$ at ups.

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
Colt specifies that they don't accept US Postal shipments because it's against the law for a NON FFL to ship it that way.
They state that they won't accept them simply to avoid all the confusion with trying to explain the law, and still have non FFL's shipping them and causing all sorts of problems. Better to just say they won't accept them.

Colt WILL accept US Postal shipments from FFL Dealers. Any number of people have posted here in past months about their Dealer shipping to Colt for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I totally understand why they default to the simple answer of no haha
Hopefully they can fix the crane. I doubt they have a big box of them laying around. I'm looking forward to shooting this thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts