Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been considering making an offer on this 8" Electroless Nickel Python. What do you think would be a fair price.he is asking $4K I am in California so I can only purchase Pythons in a FTF transaction so bargain hunting is tough. One concern I have is In picture 3 there appears to be a blemish of some sort under the sight pin. Not sure what is going on there but I am getting some better pictures and I will be able to inspect it in person

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Very hard to find gun but too high in my opinion. Would not have been shipped in blue box. Real NIB 8 inch or 2.5 inch E Nickel are not seem often at least in my area.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The grips aren't correct or Colt. I wouldn't pay $3200 for it. Just my 2 cents, not sure if Colt would just stick a custom shop label over the orginial on the box like that, but it could be correct.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Well pay what they want.....wait 3 weeks and it will be a DEAL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree with the JUDGE....The few CUSTOM SHOP guns I have seen all have had a paste over label.....most hand written...RR

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In that case, would go for something more complete and more pristine.
As I have explained before, being in California I don't get a lot of opportunities so if I can get a somewhat decent deal on something that is available I try to make a deal. I am curious as to wether special order items like this really has any collector value or is it just a "one off" that isn't really that desireable.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Sorry Judge, I did say hand written which was not accurate....yes not a preprinted label....maybe "hand typed" with some "hand written" info such as the serial number....RR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts