Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that the Colt Boa is extremely elusive (why? I don't know). That being said let me say that I have not herd hide nor hair of this snake at any show in my area yet alone on the net. I would at least like to see a picture of the critter and possibly a brief resume regarding it... Consider this a challenge (especially from you heavy's)...

Dig it!!!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
It's just like Big foot or the Loch Ness monster. There's photos, but most are fuzzy and the stories have not been varified.

The only picture I have of a Boa is the one my Ex-wife used to wear when she was naked & drunk. I was told not to post those pictures anymore. Ahhh, but who listens to lawyers anyway. Ha ha ha ha ha

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts
How about a photo that isn't fuzzy. But since it is only part of the elusive Boa, we can't consider this reptile as verified either.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
There was a cased set on sale on the net for a long time that had good pictures. The astronomical price tag probably had nothing to do with how long it stayed up for sale. It may pop up again one day.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My ears were burning again!

I'm going to see if I can take a better pic of the Boa this weekend and post it. The pic there was taken inside and there's just not enough light.

There's probably everything you need to know about Boas on the thread WS23 linked but the 600 of each bbl length production run in 1985 is the reason for the scarcity.

·
Registered
711 Posts
OK, I took two more pics today, I'm still trying to figure out the lighting...

I would have included the box, insert, manual, etc in the pic but I'd have to ransack my attic to find them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dig it, the SOB is expensive and selling for more and more each day... It is limited to 1,200 total... Thats all good to know...

That being said, Let me extend my gratitude to all and especialy Blokey for his personal response, AND... To Gunkwazy... Hey Gunkwazy, I also have those pics with no axpressed statement from her not to publish them...

P.S.
She still refers to you as her Stud Muffin...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Boa was specially made one-time, one year only. The gun is a Python barrel on a Diamondback frame. The entire run of 600-4" and 600-6" was purchased by the Lew Horton Trading Company in 1985.

For us snake collectors, these are almost as elusive as the matched set of Vipers (which, by the way, I have!).

·
Registered
711 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Eyes:
...The gun is a Python barrel on a Diamondback frame...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, although it looks similar, the barrel isn't quite exactly the same as the Python (the muzzle crown is smooth with the end of the lug, not raised like the Python); look at the 4" gun picture.
The frame is the V frame (like the Trooper/Lawman Mk. V and later the King Cobra and Anaconda); look at the hammer and the trigger guard shape and you'll see it's not a Diamondback frame/action.

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 11-07-2004).]

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blokey, Your text was blurred, I think/hope that it said that you will be sending me your Boa this weekend... Let me thank you in advance...

Snake Eyes, Like you I have a pair of Vipers as well... However, without the elusive Boa my Snake collection is still lacking...

Gunkwazy... I was shown the proofs for the upcoming Guns-R-Us Magazine... Your EX is Miss July... P.S. She still can't get you out of her head...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts