Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I am trying to figure out if this was factory engraved or not. I see the initials marked "RMS" but not sure if that could have been the original owners request? Would also be interested in the approximate value. (Has the foam case but not the cardboard outer and has manual). Thanks!
Magenta Cylinder Cosmetics Wind instrument Stationery
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Font String instrument accessory
Rectangle Packing materials Material property Shipping box Carton
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Bicycle part Font
Wood Red Gas Metal Revolver
Revolver Wood Air gun Everyday carry Trigger

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
The R.M.S. appears to have been added at a later date. The rest is factory. Take care, Duane

·
Registered
9,712 Posts
Those grips do not appear to be factory and they do not fit the gun very well.
Those type grips came on my 1992 .44 Spl. I consider them an atrocity and replaced them quick.
Grips aside, I really, really like this gun! I’ve always been a fan of engraved blued guns with plain case colored frames. The initials wouldn’t concern me much based on where they are. Exceptional classy gun you have there, stevejagger.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Steve... and Nice Score on that '79 .44 Special SAA !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those type grips came on my 1992 .44 Spl. I consider them an atrocity and replaced them quick.
Grips aside, I really, really like this gun! I’ve always been a fan of engraved blued guns with plain case colored frames. The initials wouldn’t concern me much based on where they are. Exceptional classy gun you have there, stevejagger.
Thanks for that response. Any idea on value?

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Did you check under the grips for the "COLT ENG" stamp? If the gun is factory engraved, it will be worth somewhat more than if after-market engraved. Hard to put a value on it without knowing about the engraving.
- Bruce in Ohio

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree to look under grips for eng. The style looks factory but most have engraving on frame as well. Some aftermarket engraving skips the frame because of heat treatment and re coloring it. Nice piece. I watched a similar one on gb that ran 3 times with no bids at 3k. It was factory engraved with no box and fired.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts