Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Those grips do not appear to be factory and they do not fit the gun very well.
Those type grips came on my 1992 .44 Spl. I consider them an atrocity and replaced them quick.
Grips aside, I really, really like this gun! I’ve always been a fan of engraved blued guns with plain case colored frames. The initials wouldn’t concern me much based on where they are. Exceptional classy gun you have there, stevejagger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those type grips came on my 1992 .44 Spl. I consider them an atrocity and replaced them quick.
Grips aside, I really, really like this gun! I’ve always been a fan of engraved blued guns with plain case colored frames. The initials wouldn’t concern me much based on where they are. Exceptional classy gun you have there, stevejagger.
Thanks for that response. Any idea on value?

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Did you check under the grips for the "COLT ENG" stamp? If the gun is factory engraved, it will be worth somewhat more than if after-market engraved. Hard to put a value on it without knowing about the engraving.
- Bruce in Ohio

·
Registered
222 Posts
I agree to look under grips for eng. The style looks factory but most have engraving on frame as well. Some aftermarket engraving skips the frame because of heat treatment and re coloring it. Nice piece. I watched a similar one on gb that ran 3 times with no bids at 3k. It was factory engraved with no box and fired.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts