Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Beautiful but the guys are correct it screams for ivory. I have a guy here is his email address. [email protected] Very easy to work with reasonable prices. His grandpa, father and he worked for the Colt factory making grips. He makes them the old fashion way with the screwed on black spacer. About 3 week turnaround and my last pair last month cost $165 for a 25 like yours. will try to get a link to his web site posted.

Web site http://home.comcast.net/~mgpsrjr/

·
Premium Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike Faires and Buckspen; Thanks for the information about Mike Poulin. He has agreed to make me some fleur-de-lis ivory grips with medallions. They are like the wooden one on his website. I will repost pictures of 'before and after' when I receive the grips.

·
Premium Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are very lucky as he makes very few of the Fleur de Lis anymore due to arthritis in his hands. I have a set of his wooden ones. I look forward to seeing yours.
Mike
Mike, I think he is doing them for me because you recommended him. Without your telling me about his work, I suspect he would have turned me down.
I do hope this is not too tough for him. My hands are arthritic so I can somewhat relate to his situation. Maybe you want to contact him and make sure he does not misunderstand the situation. I certainly would not object to you doing that.

·
Premium Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't agree about the ivory or pearl. I like it with the black; understated class.

spm
spm, I had two other Colt 25 autos that this same person engraved for me. Unfortunately, I traded them off. It took me ten years to get him to do this last one for me. On those first two engraved guns I had pearl grips on one and left the black grips on the other. I think the black grips do look pretty good on the 'little gun' primarily due to the highlighting that the gold line work adds. On the other hand, I have always had a great affinity for ivory and the work that Mike Poulin showed me is outstanding. I am sure his artistry will add to the artistry that is already there. I appreciate your comment.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.