Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Adams and Adams Custom Hand Engraved
High POLISHED Royal Blue Colt 1903 Pistol.

Butt Ugly..... Yech!

pix177137993ugly.jpg

(Now only if it was in Nickel....)(http://www.gunbroker.com/item/725207253)

Sent from my mPhone using 1903power Pro II

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
OK, so this is one that will not be appearing on your magic stump? I grant you that we have seen much more artistry in the classic examples.

One question: Can you "like" a "dislike" post?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The work of Adams and Adams is first rate. Sr engraved for Colt, I am sure they were given some template or example to follow. I might prefer a different pattern but would accept that one.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
While I certainly appreciate the skill and execution, this is akin to putting clothes on Kate Upton trying to make her look better. The 1903/1908 is a work of art in its own right without embellishment.

·
Premium Member
5,851 Posts
First Released Adams and Adams Custom Hand Engraved
High POLISHED Royal Blue Colt 1903 Pistol.

Butt Ugly..... Yech!

View attachment 443138

(Now only if it was in Nickel....)
I'm a sucker for high-polished blue, and I love the engraving on this gun. I think I like it better than nickel. I would add some MOP grips!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Hard to comprehend the marketing behind the pistol. It was contracted as a tribute to the General Officers that it was issued to, but produced in a phosphate type finish where the original were first issued in blue. Then they bring out the blued version which was the first type issued. Now they bring out an engraved pistol with fire blued small parts with the USP marking which was never issued. Looks like it would be a simple matter of leaving the USP roll marking off and market it as an engraved example of the original Colt Pocket Hammerless

Of course I don't understand the bitcoin either. Looks like a huge Ponzi scheme to me.

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
This thread is ridiculous and I hope it’s a joke. The engraving is a period correct copy of a factory engraving pattern from one of the most famous Colt engravers. Just a guess I’m going to have to listen to complaints about the US Property mark no matter how many times I explain that we can’t take it off on this model. Fyi lots of engraved US Property engraved 1911s out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't think it is ridiculous but sharing a thought we all have. I too believe the marketing could have been more thought out. Yes, I understand the USP copyright marks, but I believe it would have been better received to complete the USP run let it expire and then bring out the "newer/improved version". I know these are reproductions but there are just too many of us purist to like/accept the a USP marked pistol that has a high polish blue, nickel and engraved finish.
This is my opinion only and may not reflect how others feel. Please don't feel any of these comments are against you or your work in this pistol. Ron

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
Before I started with this project all the frames were made and marked for the 32 project. We have no choice but to use them. I get the purist View I do but I also have no choice. I also wasn’t referring to the usp mark with my comment but to the Adams excellent engraved Helfrect pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I think the engraving is well done and flows great with the hammerless. I get there is no choice as bjt explained about it being marked Usp. Aside from that it’s the best repro I have seen. Maybe when the pre stamped frames are used up Colt will be smart enough to work with bjt and U S Armament on the rollmarks so it would be accurate to the correct rollmarks for finish and period engraving. I like engraving and Adams Work is excellent so all in all I think they did a good job with the pattern and finishes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts