Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the market for these high quality guns hasn't cooled down any. Auction estimate was $3-5000 at Amoskeag Auction today for a factory engraved, blued Model 1903 with MOP grips. Lettered as all original and shipped to Browning Brothers Ogden, UT, in 1910. Sold for $18000. Sorry, I can't get a picture to attach. Lot #7.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Very nice, but I would never have guessed it was worth that much. It will be interesting to see what ei8ht says.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I am sure the reason for the high price is a, Factory Engraved, b, sent to the factory of the man that invented it, c, someone had some extra cash around.
Still drooling.

Craig

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I am sure the reason for the high price is a, Factory Engraved, b, sent to the factory of the man that invented it, c, someone had some extra cash around.
Still drooling.

Craig
Not to change the subject, but what is factory engraving worth in today's market ? A, B, C, and D?

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts
Factory engraved are the most collectible Model M's there are to me...love them....
Police engraved/marked are the most collectible Model M's there are to me...love them....

Does this mean I can buy your PDNY pistol now?

1521_1b.jpg
7a3b8c0e042f48f8eabd818776c1f1c4_doh-homer-simpson-meme-doh_581-600.gif

Sent from my mPhone using 1903power Pro II

·
Registered
677 Posts
Police engraved/marked are the most collectible Model M's there are to me...love them....

Does this mean I can have your PDNY pistol now?

View attachment 430153
View attachment 430161

Sent from my mPhone using Tapatalk Pro II

I am unable to comply....Mine is getting more an more rare as I hear someone is buying all the others up...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I bought the pair of Fitz New Services yesterday from them. Yes the top end stuff has not cooled down. Almost $44,000 with BP but I could not pass. If they had marketed them better I think they could have done much more.
A New Service in 45LC, Fitz'ed and cut down to 2" , is a SERIOUS snubby.!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do we think this one brought a strong number due to the shipping location or do we think the market has moved up for premium Model M's?

Kevin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts