Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Very nice. The serial puts it in late 1938 or early 1939, so Waffenamt codes would be unusual even if it were a 7.65mm.

I'm not normally a fan of fancy guns, but I really like the straightforward oak leaves motif. And hopefully it is uncontaminated by any silly story about having been recovered from the underwear of Hermann Göring's mistress or something ... :rolleyes:

Have you researched whether this is a factory style of engraving?

·
Premium Member
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice. The serial puts it in late 1938 or early 1939, so Waffenamt codes would be unusual even if it were a 7.65mm.

I'm not normally a fan of fancy guns, but I really like the straightforward oak leaves motif. And hopefully it is uncontaminated by any silly story about having been recovered from the underwear of Hermann Göring's mistress or something ... :rolleyes:

Have you researched whether this is a factory style of engraving?
Looks like it was done after the war. No real wear.
The PPK that is at the bottom is a true early WW2 engraved gun.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Very Nice Terry...

Adolf Hitler rose to the office of the Chancellor of Germany in 1933 and then made himself Führer in 1934. During his dictatorship from 1933 to 1945, he initiated World War II in Europe by invading Poland on 1 September 1939.

A lot of firearms...both old ( pre Nazi ) and new were Waffenamt stamped when pressed into service.

I had a beautiful Fabrique Nationale P-35 from 1939 that had Waffenamt stamps...and stupidly sold it to a collector for $$$$'s... who continually hounded me for it once I showed it to him.

I bought my Colt GCNM with some of that $$$$

Also still have a Waffenamt Spreewerk ( CYQ ) P-38 with a very low serial # (246) and Eagle over 359 ( Walther parts used for the first 500 guns at that factory ).

My West German PPK/s....Circa 1972

·
Premium Member
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shooter13, About 5 months ago I traded with a friend and obtained a 1935 FN HiPower that has the tangent rear sight and is slotted for a stock. It had an odd marking on it. I have one of the books on the HiPower and found that the gun I obtained was most likely captured by the Germans when they took over the FN factory. The serial number is slightly below the serial number of the first German proofed HiPowers. It goes well with a Nazi proofed, tangent rear sight (no slot for stock) HiPower that I have owned for many years.

That early cyq P-38 that you have is pretty scarce. I once had a 3 digit (no letter) cyq, but it did not have the eagle over 359 Walther parts.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice group of PPKs. I see a Party Leader grip, and a couple of early 90deg safeties. What? No RZM? Can't have 'em all! LOL

Thanks for the show.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Shooter13, About 5 months ago I traded with a friend and obtained a 1935 FN HiPower that has the tangent rear sight and is slotted for a stock. It had an odd marking on it. I have one of the books on the HiPower and found that the gun I obtained was most likely captured by the Germans when they took over the FN factory. The serial number is slightly below the serial number of the first German proofed HiPowers. It goes well with a Nazi proofed, tangent rear sight (no slot for stock) HiPower that I have owned for many years. That early cyq P-38 that you have is pretty scarce. I once had a 3 digit (no letter) cyq, but it did not have the eagle over 359 Walther parts.

I would like to see that new to you FN P-35 someday Terry. Really regret selling mine, but he offered way too much...and I turned that cash back into all sorts of guns.

The "collector" died in 2003... back when I was out of the country on TDY for the DoD...and when I got back and found out, he was already buried and the wife had sold all his collection to the vultures who had salivated over it all those years. I would have paid double to get it back.

I don't have any digital pics of the FN P-35 I sold...but maybe a few actual 35mm film pics in my safety deposit box, along with the serial# on one of the old Excel Spreadsheets in my archives. If so, I will let you know.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 29 Posts