Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father is set to retire from Law enforcement after over 50 years of police work. Having started his career with LAPD and soon to be retiring as the Chief of Police in Camden Arkansas. It was my Father who let me fire my first shots from his 1967 4" Python and I have been hooked ever since. Sadly that gun is gone, however he always loved the 2.5" Python but never owned one.

I thought it might be a great retirement gift if I could get my 2.5" Python engraved with the Badges he has worn over his career and other engraving that would honor his service and present it to him as a retirement gift. Can any of you recommend someone that could do this type of work. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
First your going to need the images. Then it depends on what you mean as engraving. If you want it laser engraved with certain dates and such then you will need to find a guy who has that type of machinery. If you want a traditional engraving done by hammer and chisel then contact nutmeg sports in Connecticut or you need to shop around to a good engraver and sub contract the work. That will save you some cash. You can check for engravers on the sight but I have done work with Adams & Adams eng. they are super people and he has done work for Colt for many years. Just food for thought. They did this for me.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.