Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally got my hands on the SAA. My buddy originally thought the gun was rebored to 44 Special, but I am kind of thinking it is .38 WCF? I don't the the grips are original and I believe one of the screws has been replaced. The bore Diameter is .40". Any ideas on value? Thanks! leswad

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Stocks are of the correct style but are in better shape than the gun so that is why they may be replacements. It looks correct and if it functions fine, I would ask $1500 and wait for a buyer. 1000-1200 if you want to sell it this weekend. If it was 45 Colt, you could easily add $500 to the above figures. I was just shooting my 1908 Bisley 38-40 4 3/4 in a cowboy match last weekend. I like the cartridge. My Bisley looks like your SAA and I paid 1K for it at the Louisville show about a year ago and had to stick $100 into have the hammer and trigger rebuilt. But I waited a long time to find one for that price.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
One interesting side note is that it appears to have the last 4 digits of the serial number on the loading side of the cyliinder. You see this on a hit and miss basis after the 1911 or so era....by the 20's and 30's they usually only put the last 2 digits back there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts