Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was cleaning and came across the April 2008 issue of Guns & Ammo. Nothing special about that, but on the cover was a Kimber SIS 1911. From the moment I saw it and even more so after I read it I wanted that gun. I never came across one until about 2 years ago, walked into a shop for a transfer on gun I bought off a forum member. Guess what I saw in the case, brand spanking new Kimber SIS Custom..... it's pictured below with the magazine that made me want it in the first place. Thought I'd share..... plus I can't be the only one who read an article on a gun and then went out and bought one.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
YUP ,bought a 22TCM on a 1911 frame:) love it love it love it,if you want to see some fire power google 22tcm.

2000+ fps coming out of a 5" barrel ,and it holds 17 rnds in the mag:cool:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I just pull out y S&W 52 if I want to see that :)
YUP ,bought a 22TCM on a 1911 frame:) love it love it love it,if you want to see some fire power google 22tcm.

2000+ fps coming out of a 5" barrel ,and it holds 17 rnds in the mag:cool:
Op, Purchased a cz75 after reading an old article on one in ST.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a S&W M&P Shield after reading about them.The crazy thing after owning one I am in the process of getting a second.
I've also been reading up on the Kimbers. I am in lust with the Ultra CDP II. On the latest cover of American Rifleman is a pic of the Kimber Pro. Sweet!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was a Taurus Slim in .40 . After a quick trip back to the factory to replace a defective slide it shoots fine. I will be carrying as a backup for my Colt Defender.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hellya! Use the magazine articles to gather info...when they aren't obvious sweethearting the gun. Led me to my Berettas Colts and Sigs after poor experiences with Glock, Springfield, and Kel-Tec.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Ruger LCR - Read about it, went down to LGS and bought the next one that came in. No better .38 Spl carry piece I know of.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes. Bought a new 5906 when they first came out, 14 rd. mag, adjustable sights. Worked well but was pretty heavy and not all that accurate. All SS, had a 7 lb SA pull, but, of course, I HAD TO HAVE IT!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Read a article 7-8 years ago about Why the Win. 94 32 Special ? Found a gorgeous 1956 "eastern" one G.B. for under $500.00. bought a couple of molds and have never looked back just love this little gun. Shoot lights out with iron sights and cast bullets. Hornady makes the Leverolution bullets and loaded ammo for it, the powder and bullets are available for the reloader when everything else gone.

·
Registered
657 Posts
A Beretta 89 article in the July/August 1991 issue of American Handgunner convinced me to get one.

Over the years, I found a complete upper for it, had a threaded muzzle adapter fitted to it, and use it as a suppressor host.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I read about the S&W Model victory in a military firearms magazine and after reading the article i started to search for one and then i found one kept it for a while then i had to sell it when my family had some financial trouble.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I can go one better. I've bought a Star Model B 9mm because I read that author Stephen Hunter bought one, because he had read that's the gun used to stand in for the 1911 in "The Wild Bunch." (It's very difficult to get a .45ACP to function with blanks.)

Or is that going one worse?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did it with the Springfield Range Officer, I will have to post the the magazine, I think it's the guns and ammo one when I get back in town.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Read about a Python - bought two! Read about a Ruger Alaskan - HAD to have one. Read about a S&W 460V and had to wait 2 years for them to resume production. In fact most, if not all, of my guns I had read about first. If it peaked my interest I'd read everything I could find about it. Then the more I read, I either put it on my 'wish list' or crossed it off. Seems to work for me as every one of my guns is a treasure to me. I like what they are and I know all about them.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I hate to admit it but yes, I did: an FN PS90, cal. 5.7x28. It's a small, bull-pup design carbine, the semi-auto civilian version of the P90 submachine gun used by several military and security forces. This, after having been a collector of vintage English shotguns most of my life. I just saw the thing in an American Rifleman and was instantly intrigued by the weird but super functional design. My wife figured I had really gone over the edge the day I came home with that "little green plastic gun."

(P.S. - I'd do it again, even though the thing is pretty much useless except for, maybe, the zombie apocalypse or some such.)

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
I usually don't even need a reason other than 'there's an old gun, I should buy it'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts