Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I was going to flip this little guy and make a few bucks in an effort to pay back my "Withdrawal" to buy my Python.

Then I started taking pics. What can I say. I heart Nickel Colts.

Still may have to go down the road, but for now it's nice and cozy in my safe.

Sorry Russ, I hope this isn't salt in the wound.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Don't ever become a gun dealer Rick, I deal with the pain daily.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
"Sorry Russ, I hope this isn't salt in the wound."

OUCH... Just a little background to add to the story line. I spoke with the previous owner yesterday afternoon and had arranged to see the gun today after I had a set of tires installed on my wife's car. I told him that I'd buy the gun and would be bringing the cash with me. I called him when I left the dealership on my way to meet with him. He told me that he had just sold it. I was a bit perplexed and explained (with just a bit of profanity) how disappointed I was with his decision.

The OP (Rick) and I are buds and I'm glad he ended up with it, but pretty pissed off at the seller.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess Russ and I need to call each other before going after these gems.

I should have know it was him when the seller said he had another guy coming to look at it later that day.

You want to split up the town? You can have the east side and I'll take the west. :)

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
"Sorry Russ, I hope this isn't salt in the wound."

OUCH... Just a little background to add to the story line. I spoke with the previous owner yesterday afternoon and had arranged to see the gun today after I had a set of tires installed on my wife's car. I told him that I'd buy the gun and would be bringing the cash with me. I called him when I left the dealership on my way to meet with him. He told me that he had just sold it. I was a bit perplexed and explained (with just a bit of profanity) how disappointed I was with his decision.

The OP (Rick) and I are buds and I'm glad he ended up with it, but pretty pissed off at the seller.
If you told the seller "I'll take it" then he should have removed the gun from the "for sale" display, or if a private sale put "SPF". WHile it's a very pristine and nice revolver and I'm sure Rick is tickled pink to have it, the seller would be off my list of "trusted guys to buy from" especially if an FFL and you'd done biz with him in the past.

Nice DS Rick....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Wow what a perfect specimen!! I would definitely keep that one in the collection. Congrats for a very nice snag. Sorry to hear about the "SPF" mixup - I'd be none to happy with that seller too Snakeman. As they say "Vote with your feet"

With respect to flipping my Dad taught me 3 things: Always pay your debts, never hit a woman, and NEVER sell a Colt. So far I'm about 99% on the first one, 100% on the second and third!!

I have however traded two Colts (forgive me Dad) and while I think I got a great deal and a well wanted Colts, I still miss the two that left my collection...

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I do this all the time. That's why I have to buy another safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.