Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Yep- I would have jumped, in general, I don't care about refinish if the work was done well- and the gun over all is good.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yep, I would have grabbed it in a New York minute.
Congrats on your find. Recently I lost a good chance at a beauty of a revolver but hesitated just an hour too long. I keep thinking, "Why, in the heck, didn't I get that thing."

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Yep!
How tight are the chambers? I ask because the PPT chambers are known to be tight, and I wonder how the plating would affect that.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
One of my favorite shooters is a 1949 era Police Positive Special I bought around thirty years ago...no finish...no stocks but mechanically sound and dirt cheap even for then. I had it refinished and added wood stocks and a T-grip and never looked back. I only feed it wadcutters and it's accurate and fun.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Great looking gun!! I would have jumped on that deal also. It looks like the old Nitex finish, which was very good.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
I’d bought that 22 in a second to shoot! I love 22s! To answer your question no I haven’t bought one because it was so nice, but I bought a nickel Colt in my early years of collecting because I was too Dumb to realize it was refinished! It was a Nickel Army Special lol.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I sure would! In fact I bought a 3 5 7 model Colt a few months ago, that had been refinished at some point in time. The old lawman who owned it recently passed away. I'll always wonder who he had refinish this one. It now has a very bright blue finish. Very nicely done; flats are still flat, no waviness anywhere, and the roll marks, Colt pony, etc., are all intact. I enjoy the heck out of this old shooter.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts