Colt Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
A while back, a member here posted his 1st model Match Target Woodsman Bullseye and the serial number seemed familiar. I checked mine and found they were consecutive numbers. The owner offered to buy mine, but I decline because mine is a family gun.

·
Premium Member
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Consecutive 10/22’s . by all means.
consecutive 3rd SAA’s YES !
Circle Colt SAA’s. the best flavor ..and YES !
consecutive serial SAA’s . 1st gens shipped separately and now in the same collection. WOW, Amazing, and YES !!!

·
Premium Member
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I acquired these consecutive USFA sheriff’s models separately and years between the acquisitions. USFA made several different runs of sheriff configurations for Lew Hortons. Each configuration had a run of 50 units in a unique serial prefix 1 thru 50. So looking at the numbers, the challenge is finding the same model gun as I already had for sale .. with only 50 made. Once found, the odds weren‘t terrible that it might be a consecutive to my gun. I’ve seen several different USFA sheriffs models consecutive to different models that I own over the years. I passed on several just because of price.
Colt models are a different story. With so many thousands made in Colt models.. the odds are more like a winning lottery ticket I think and I heckuva lot more effort if one were set of finding a consecutive.. to check and compare each one ya see for sale. I wasn’t doing that either. i just happen to notice as I entered the data in the spreadsheet, and went well look at that !

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
About 15 years ago I bought several pairs of USFA Rodeo SAA's with consecutive numbers for friends in our CAS club from a dealer in CT which no longer is in business. I payed about the same amount for the pair as the official German USFA importer asked for one Rodeo. You can imagine that the new owners of two Rodeos showed a big grin.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts