Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has had a problem with their polce turn-in? Would you buy another?

The reason I ask is I was talking to a couple neighbors the other day and both had the opinion that turn-ins were junk. I tried to explain their misguided thinking but failed to win them over. Oh well, more for me right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So anyway, I thought i'd ask if anyone here shares their belief?

BTW. The best darn bottom feeder I own is a police turn-in. Put a lot of rounds thru that thing in the 4 years I've owed it without a single problem! She's kind of ugly, heavy and barks like a bulldog but I love her anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just bought an ex-prison system revolver last Saturday. Too soon to say if I did right or wrong, but it doesn't look like there should be any big problems. It's a 4 inch S&W model 19 showing holster wear, but looks low mileage as far as shooting it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've owned several cop trade-ins and have been very satisfied. The worst I have come up with, is finish wear. If it's ugly enough, I re blue the gun. OK, so I've destroyed the value of the "collector piece" but these guns are shooters, not safe queens.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
How about,"Ever Own An OLD Police Turn In?"

Back around 1990,one of the county sherrif's departments,here in Maine,traded in some 1920's Army Specials,5" .38s,towards some S&W semi autos,for their patrol deputies. The deputies had been using S&W M&Ps,that had been reblued. Some of the M&Ps were also traded in, but others went into the "reserve"armory at the jail,where the Colts had been kept since they were replaced by the M&P in early 50's.Dealer basically sold the guns for what he'd allowed on trade in towards the semi autos.

Finish about all gone,stocks had little checkering left,nicks and dings,1 had a slightly bent front sight-and they were NOT Dept. Marked on the outside,but "crude scratches" on inside grip frame. Got 1 for $75,the other,with a pitted bore, for $65. Cheaper one cannibalized for parts,the other one I cut to 3", bead sight soldered on,added "fake pearl" stocks to,and used as a carry gun for a few months,until I sold it, and a beat up Winchester M-97,that had been legally cut to riot gun length,to a physician friend as part of the decorations for his basement "playroom" and bar,with the "Roaring 20's" theme. Removed firing pins from both.

Bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts