Colt Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
As long as your guns make you happy, dont sell any because you think its a burden after your gone. After your gone, you won't bave to worry about the junk you leave behind. Enjoy them while you can!.
Ive got a few too many guns, cars, car parts, ammo. When I decide to sell, its because I want spending money to buy something else. Whatever's left over when im gone, its up to whoever is around to do what they want with it. Jim

·
Premium Member
10,002 Posts
As long as your guns make you happy, dont sell any because you think its a burden after your gone. After your gone, you won't bave to worry about the junk you leave behind.
That is exactly what my Daughter said to me.
Enjoy them while your here.
When you are gone it won't matter to you anyway....

ei8ht®
OGCA Life Member.

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I think it may also be called HAD - Hobby Acquisition Disorder.
I along with a close friend have both been diagnosed with this Disorder... Question remains ? Is it contageous?
I too am about to get rid of the last of the SAA’s and the cowboy Holster rigs, chaps, etc., and a Colt Revolver...
I think the market might be a tad soft, or do I just trade and ignore the Disorder ?

Only mistake I see here, is asking questions like this among the ENABLERS !:bang_wall:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have sold some guns in the past and regretted it later on in life, these days I buy more than I sell, and the kids can do what they want with them after the put me in the ground (With at least one for the trip) Keep your guns, if anything go through and pick what doesn't suit your needs. I have tried that in the past and just couldn't do it. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Some one touched on one of my problems. I regret so many guns I've sold that now I never let go of anything. BUT.....I have decided to part with some, as there's a certain Toyota FJ I really want for some reason or another....and I'll probably regret this decision as well, just like I regret most of my vehicles that I've let go. But can't keep everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The guns don't "owe you" anything. Take it from personal experience, you WILL regret dismantling that which you have worked so hard to accumulate! Catalogue them, and do your best to find each's "history." Write a book, or at very least an article (or two). There are many individuals less fortunate who would appreciate living vicariously through your eyes (and collection)!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I sold one once for a Harley. I bought it back a couple years ago after it had been away for about 10 to 12 years. I sell all the time to buy better stuff. I sell one and buy two. I too have all the fixins to go along with them. It would take me about five years to sell them at 10 a month. Don't even get me started on knives and bayonets. I could never pick which ones I want to keep. It is most assuredly a disorder of some kind. There is nothing I can think of that I would want to replace them with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
In my retirement, now on a more fixed budget than when I was working, I have to curb my enthusiasm a bit more than when I had that good steady income stream. Coupled with that, as I get older I no longer need or want a huge collection. I would rather have a few very special or very nice pieces, than sheer numbers. With aging comes the start of simplifying my life in many ways. In addition to my handful of fairly nice pieces (some are shooters, some are not), I have a couple of significant single actions which are definitely keepers, and they may end up going to a museum some day. With all that said, I hope I can fight off the urge to keep buying.

·
Banned
30 Posts
It has never occurred to me, My boys love shooting and they have good eyes for quality guns so all my junks goes to them, i have spent thousand of $ buying rifles handguns, scopes etc. so may hours shooting, modifying etc. i love all my guns and not selling.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts