Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago a guy calls me out of the blue and says he has a Colt Anaconda which has a bunch of problems and sees that I have sold plenty of them in my Gunbroker days so he askes me if I would like to purchase the "Basket Case". He explains that the hammer pull is just terrible and it seems like the action if filled with shards of broken glass. I think to myself "A1A would tell me it was the length of the hand" so I agree on a very reasonable price for the Anaconda, $800. He also states that he sent the gun to a Gunsmith and he worked on it and couldn't figure anything out....Scary I know. So I get the gun and carefully remove the side plate and find that the hand and transfer bar are both black in color and seem brand new. I was trolling on Gunbroker one day last year and there was a Anaconda Parts Gun on there for $65.00 buy it now. It was the entire gun except for the frame and I clicked the button. I went to the bag of goodies and dug out the parts and put them in the gun, it works like a dream!

Now on to the subject of this thread. The gunsmith that "Worked" on the gun cleaned the internals very well, it appeared new inside but the rings on the face of the cylinder told me otherwise. There was a wonderful oil that literally was almost "Stuck" to all the parts. It was not gooey or seemed like it could be problematic but I tell you, what great protection! I have used many lubes and oils in my day and never have used anything that was quite like this. Almost reminded me of the little Gear Displays that Lucas Oil puts at autoparts stores and at garages to show how well the oil sticks. I'm not firing my guns all that much to worry about the Viscosity of the lube but I would like to track this down to use on some of my personal collection. Any Leads??? It was very translucent and Golden colored, just made you want to stick your finger in it and put it in your mouth! Looked THAT good! Haha

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Sounds like snake oil to me. Oh, and the width of the hand is the issue in the Anaconda. :p

·
Premium Member
7,486 Posts
good for you Keystone. glad you came out ahead on the deal. usually the bear eats us but every now and then.. we eat the bear ! .. and speaking of bears.. translucent golden colored lube.. if it did taste good then maybe it was a honey coating on the inside !

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
100% synthetic oil has both extremely durable lube capabiliy as well as an almost unnatural adhesive quality on the things it is aplied to. Including pavement. Sticks real good to parts and lubes like snot on a glass doorknob. It acts like a surface treatment and stays put.
Some of the 'dual-base' lubes lube well but do not stick as well.
My$0.02. jes' sayin'

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
good for you Keystone. glad you came out ahead on the deal. usually the bear eats us but every now and then.. we eat the bear ! .. and speaking of bears.. translucent golden colored lube.. if it did taste good then maybe it was a honey coating on the inside !
Take a liberal spoonful and swish it around in your mouth like the wine and bourbon tasters do...if it immediately has a musky taste...you probably might not want to repeat the process. Couldn't let that "looked that good" comment to slide (pun intended). :rolleyes: FWIW, have NO idea what the stuff is.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hesitate to think it could be problematic, it is thick no doubt but not sticky. I don't think it is a necessity on a revolver, it was just really good stuff and wondered if anyone knew what it was, heck I might want to use this stuff on my John Deere, to heck with the Revolver!

Oh and yea, I did taste it but my Pallet is no where near sophisticated enough, I'll keep sampling others until I acquire the proper taste.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like snake oil to me. Oh, and the width of the hand is the issue in the Anaconda. :p
Sorry A1A Width, It's the Width of the Hand, I'm so STUPID. Lol Always have profit on the brain and I had a momentary lapse in brain pulses there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts