Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to own a Colt revolver. I would love to own a Colt Python but a great piece is running $ 2500-3500. So.. I was considering buying a new Colt SA.. can you order a new one??If so which pistol would hold it's value?? I understand the difference in SA & DA.All inputs are welcomed. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
The Pythons are holding value better at the moment, largely because they're out of production.
Don't buy as an investment, make your choice based on what you like & can afford.
The genuine Colt Peacemaker will hold its value better than a clone.

You can order a new Peacemaker, it will run ABOUT half of what a good Python is going for on the used market.
Denis

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I agree with DPris!
Don't buy one as an investment. Buy what you want & shoot the heck out of it & enjoy it. I'm hopelessly in the Colt SAA camp. If I were going to buy from the custom shop, I'd see if I could get them to put together a 4-3/4" .44 Special CCH & Blue. As DPris says, the Colt will hold it's value much better than a clone. If I really wanted a collector gun that could still be used, I'd look for a 1st generation SAA from around 1912 to 1920.
Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts