Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating selling my Factory "B" Engraved Colts in .357 Magnum, 5.5 inch barrel. I do not have the box or paperwork, but I do have the letter from Colt showing that the guns were shipped together.

These are consecutive serial numbered guns shipped in March of 1979. I am struggling with the idea of selling these to grow my collection of other Colts. I am posting some pictures to hopefully get an idea of what to expect if I sell the pair. Guns are in beautiful condition with a very nice presentation case.

Thanks,
Rambler1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a "Want to Sell" sub-forum. You know better than most what you need for them, put a price on them in the appropriate forum. If they don't sell you can always come down.
Rick,
I can appreciate your comments. However, I have not decided that I want to sell the guns. I was looking for some advice on value. If I do decided to sell the guns, I would post in the "Want to Sell" forum.
Thanks,
Rambler1

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
I am contemplating selling my Factory "B" Engraved Colts in .357 Magnum, 5.5 inch barrel. I do not have the box or paperwork, but I do have the letter from Colt showing that the guns were shipped together.

These are consecutive serial numbered guns shipped in March of 1979. I am struggling with the idea of selling these to grow my collection of other Colts. I am posting some pictures to hopefully get an idea of what to expect if I sell the pair. Guns are in beautiful condition with a very nice presentation case.

Thanks,
Rambler1
I found a 2012 Colt engraving price list.

1_2012 Custom Retail Price List by Colt

I would take the MSRP for a current blue/cc SAA and add the engraving cost as a starting point.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
My opinion after watching the market for years

Positives:

Excellent condition
Factory engraved

Negatives:

.357 Caliber
5 1/2” barrel

Neutral:

Consecutive S/Ns (saying this because the pool of buyers willing to pay the premium is smaller than for single guns)

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Does factory letter say they were Colt factory engraved or just shipped together? SN? Post them on GB at reasonable want to sell price and see what market will bring!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help, I have decided to sell. I will post later in the for sale forum Happy New Year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts