Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SAA purchased new 5 years ago and am thinking of having the factory do some engraving on it. Yes, I shoot it, but would just like it fancied up a bit. Any one have any experience on this subject ? Any one ever have this done ?

Ken R

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would send it to Jim Alaimo at Nutmeg Sports. Jim used to be in charge of engraving for Colt. He does fantastic work. Here is the link

Nutmeg Sports, LLC

Reactions: longranger

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I agree with HayesGreener. Jim did these two consecutively numbered SAA's for me. Action job and Ivories by Jim Alaimo, engraving by Master Engraver Jerome "Jerry" Harper and color case and bluing by Doug Turnbull. I highly recommend Jim.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
But do understand should you decide that's what you want you will have an engraved refinished gun regardless of who does the work.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
"Very nice, I like this one. A question about the grips: Did they come from Nutmeg? Thanks."

No, the grips did not come from Nutmeg, although I sent them with the gun and they fit them for me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. I know you have posted these before, but I NEVER get tired of looking at this piece of art work. Simply amazing. One day.....Thanks. Steve

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You can save your self a great deal of money if you go to the engraver direct and ask for what ever you want and he will provide. I deal with John Adams Sr. and he has always been great to me. Your gun will look exactly like the way you want. Not down grading any engraver by any means. Just speaking form my experience is all. Good luck with what ever you decide.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for the info and great pictures. There is just nothing like a SAA Colt !!

Ken R.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts