Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my colt mark 4,series 80 colt a factory made 38 super?its a flat top slide and only --COLT SUPER 38 AUTO ON THE BAREL-- gives away the fact its chambered in 38 super.where as my delta elete has 10mm auto rolled on the slide.
My super also came with wrap around colt medalion grips,extended bever tail,full length guide rod finished is a beutiful rich blue.serial no. FR17xxx E..THANKS SHES A GREAT SHOOTER WITH A NICE NOT GREAT TRIGER.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think you're OK.

From what I have seen & remember, the enhanced model like yours has the Colt MK IV Series 80 on one side, & Government Model on the other side. No reference to 38 super except on the barrel & mag.

Now it's a whole different story with the series 70.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What you have described is I dentical to my Colt 38 super Govt.. Colt currently makes 2 enhanced versions(blue/SS) and a polished non enhanced style SS. My pistol is plenty accurate and came with a 4.5lb. trigger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My is also the same. Mine is a 80's series made in the early 90's, No Markings other than Barrel. And Mine is Correct I have the Factory Matching Numbered Box!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts