Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea of a fair price to purchase an unfired 6” bright stainless Python with box and paperwork?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. I didn’t think that much considering others on the board have priced an unfired engraved Python at around the same price.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Do you mean that many of the Bright stainless guns that are advertised are actually polished aftermarket and are not factory original?

Winner winner chicken dinner. You are correct. Be careful if buying one that is advertised as NIB BSTS. Check out the label and post as many photos as you can here on the forum. We can help you determine originality. D*

Reactions: Kraaaken

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I just watched a forum vendor who has their own tv show buy 2 STS Pythons, 1 BSTS Python, and 1 custom shop Anaconda at the Tulsa show for $3K a piece.

The BSTS was a 6", and they all had their boxes/papers and appeared like new.

Not too shabby for $3K a piece.

Whether that was actually real or scripted I don't know. The show is actually more sickening than enjoyable due to seeing Colts. Talk about desperately trying to push the hype of "snakes". Completely amazed that they have lists of clients all eager to pay them. There are some slow learners out there.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Winner winner chicken dinner. You are correct. Be careful if buying one that is advertised as NIB BSTS. Check out the label and post as many photos as you can here on the forum. We can help you determine originality. D*
Another good thing to check is if the seller has sold a lot of NIB BSTS guns. You'll find that some sellers sell a lot of these guns complete with box and paperwork, and you just gotta ask yourself how they can find that many mint guns, and why they are all stainless.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just...why? The vast majority of those are either A.) Dremeled by an esteemed dealer (not factory) and B.) Strike era production, ie, scab made, or C) Both. Most of these are not that well made. Unless you are dead set on one for collection reasons, your energy and money would be much more wisely spent on a late 1950s to mid 1960s production. Fit and finish are far superior, and long term, these are the much better value in my opinion. Nothing that compares to the Python finish of that era is being manufactured today, but Stainless Revolvers can still be purchased. If you are planning on buying for “investment”, that ship has already sailed, a long time ago. Pythons as a whole have plateaued and are actually declining.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I just watched a forum vendor who has their own tv show buy 2 STS Pythons, 1 BSTS Python, and 1 custom shop Anaconda at the Tulsa show for $3K a piece.

The BSTS was a 6", and they all had their boxes/papers and appeared like new.

Not too shabby for $3K a piece.

Whether that was actually real or scripted I don't know. The show is actually more sickening than enjoyable due to seeing Colts. Talk about desperately trying to push the hype of "snakes". Completely amazed that they have lists of clients all eager to pay them. There are some slow learners out there.
Saw that as well. Wonder why the "List of Buyers" just don't go to the gunshow and save $1-2 K

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
NIB, 4.5-5K. 4K would be a steal.
This is a good ballpark, with pullback in prices last 1-2 years.

This is a collector- type item, best to go with a trustworthy seller- and/or learn more, and see more in person, before purchase of a "NIB" item.

Educations are expensive... this Colt collector mantra is no joke.
Collector -grade NIB Colts are worth it though.:cool:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is a good ballpark, with pullback in prices last 1-2 years.

This is a collector- type item, best to go with a trustworthy seller- and/or learn more, and see more in person, before purchase of a "NIB" item.

Educations are expensive... this Colt collector mantra is no joke.
Collector -grade NIB Colts are worth it though.:cool:
$4K for this one. How does it look? (I am not looking to buy it).

Colt Python Bright Stainless 6" - Calguns.net

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Just keep in mind that this is the most faked gun ever.
Thats a great point. Seeing it more and more each day. Recently saw a Colt Auto in 38 Super that had been polished so
hard there were NO sharp edges to be found. Of course top dollar was being asked. I mean that thing probably lost
3 ounces of weight from all the metal that was polished off.

denpython,the BSTS you reference is a good price here in CA but I gotta tell you those grips are really ugly IMO. I’m
sure they are original even though they have the 1985 logo.

Reactions: denpython

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
… but I gotta tell you those grips are really ugly IMO. I’m sure they are original even though they have the 1985 logo.
Grips definitely are ugly … but they are the regular half horse medallions. At least they don't have the 150th annotation in them of 1986.

1_Python-Full-meds.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts