Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I like the quote " THESE BOXES ARE LIKE NEW CONDITION " . They are in " New Condition " because they are NEW ..... They are fresh off the printing press . I don't get a case of the Red Ass over this guy . If he can find a person to pay $255 for a empty cardboard box , so be it . I can not believe anybody would pay that for a box .

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I emailed GB and called this guy out as a fake. They promptly wrote me back telling me in as much to STFU and mind my own business or face possible ejection from GB. So much for GB integrity….

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public". Don't know if it was PT Barnum who said that but he did say: "There's a sucker born every minute". H

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I emailed GB and called this guy out as a fake. They promptly wrote me back telling me in as much to STFU and mind my own business or face possible ejection from GB. So much for GB integrity….

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public". Don't know if it was PT Barnum who said that but he did say: "There's a sucker born every minute". H
Why would GB do anything about it when they probably make a killing from fees associated with all the merchandise he pushes through there. I do not know what GB charges to sell stuff on there but I would imagine someone that pushes a lot of stuff is like a cash cow to GB.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I wonder how he obtained and maintains a 100% rating. 0 negative and 0 neutral? Really? Are those numbers faked, too? :confused:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Apparently his posts just say new boxes. They don't say original old. In fact, he does say new. Yes, they were just printed.
So technically speaking, he does not misrepresent them.
But also, someone else posted he gave a full refund.
So he makes a full refund. I think also the sites don't allow much negative stuff to be posted. And of course there are so many that wouldn't know. And probably a whole lot that don't care.
Hey, you know, I'm looking at an Auto Ordinance M1 carbine. I know it's not real. I also know it is new, and it is not $1,500.
dc

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Is all his stuff fake?
Yes, one should reasonably conclude, 100% of his merchandise is current reproductions (fake, bogus, counterfeit). He started his business about 4 years ago with a ridiculous copy of the Colt Wood-Grain box. From there, he has copied virtually every item of Colt packaging.

I wonder how he obtained and maintains a 100% rating. 0 negative and 0 neutral? Really? Are those numbers faked, too? :confused:
Others have commented on this but I would like to add the following:

This seller has 3 distinct buyers (customers), all of whom are satisfied, in one form or another:

1. Customers that know exactly what they are getting; bogus and poorly crafted reproductions. These customers are the ones we need to pay attention to as they are the true scammers in this fake "NIB" scheme. These are the guys we see on Gun Broker and the other on-line firearm sales sites, promoting well used Pythons, mated with counterfeit Colt packaging and seeking "NIB" prices. When successful, the use of the bogus materials routinely adds many hundreds, and often many thousands to the final sales price of the fake "NIB" package. These are satisfied customers, indeed!

2. Customers that believe they are buying authentic vintage Colt packaging materials and never take the time to understand what they have or don't have. Another "satisfied" customer!

3. Customers that upon receipt of the counterfeit materials, feel deceived and cheated, for they accurately recognize these products as fake. These customers furiously and immediately demand their money back, and very likely all shipping charges. The seller could not respond faster and offers the return of cash and a profound apology, never allowing this customer the opportunity to express his true feelings in the Gun Broker (or Ebay) feed-back process. With money returned in lightning speed, and apology accepted, we have yet another satisfied customer.

There is anther category of satisfied customer that I believe is so small that it hardly warrants consideration; the customer that knows the items are reproductions and simply wants to pay $200 for a reproduction box to store his Colt in.

Having studied the counterfeit Colt packaging industry since its inception, I believe Customer # 1 represents the bulk of this characters business. Colt "NIB" margins are so great that dishonest people around the country, in every sales platform, are drawn to it. This is the reason more people get scammed and hurt when dealing in "New-In-Box" Colts. Our Forum has done a very good job of helping members and lurkers learn to discern the fakes and recognize the authentic "NIB" packages. I believe it will continue to do so and I look forward to doing my part. The fact is, there are not as many genuine, authentic and complete, 40 year old "NIB" Pythons out there as one might conclude after completing a Gun Broker search.

Watch out for those fakes! When in doubt, ask the Colt Forum.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is anther category of satisfied customer that I believe is so small that it hardly warrants consideration; the customer that knows the items are reproductions and simply wants to pay $200 for a reproduction box to store his Colt in.
To be honest, I have no problem with the reproduction boxes when sold and used as above.

The seller could add an intentional, discreet inaccuracy to thwart the scammers but satisfy the customer who just wants a factory like box, but of course he won't do that because it means less $$.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am surprised that Colt itself shows no interest in closing down "forgeries" using the Colt registered name, logo etc.

I almost bought a set of ivory grips from the seller and when I pointed out that they were not genuine ivory he said he did not know and apologised - but he continues selling the same grips with the same misleading description.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.