1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
862 Posts
It is a 100% fake box. Can run down the list of obvious things that give it away but don't want to give anyone free lessons on how to make a better fake. If on the other hand someone wanted to pay . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fake box, possible fake and definitely incorrect manual, no hang tag with 1968 Python. Also, even thought this seller has been informed of this, he has upped his auction price from $2600 to near $3000.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Fake box, possible fake and definitely incorrect manual, no hang tag with 1968 Python. Also, even thought this seller has been informed of this, he has upped his auction price from $2600 to near $3000.
Buy the gun, not the accoutrements. They are reproductions or imitations, so buy knowingly. Still a nice package even if not correct.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Buy the gun, sure, BUT, doesn't it cast a shadow of doubt about the gun and this seller? You won't see me bidding. just my opinion.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I agree with hope2 - once caught in an "inconsistency" leads to zero credibility for round #2. A disclaimer from seller cannot absolve other past actions, let alone a bump up in price for no apparant reason. I do agree the gun looks beautiful - but my opinion is to bid for the fair value of the gun ONLY not the accouterments. But wait we would never come close to his reserve price.....

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Considering what I paid, it better not be a fake! Lol

I do see a slight difference in labels and fonts on all the boxes I have stacked up in my safes, I have no idea if they ran different printers as one broke or wore out or if they replaced them over the years. I seen another one sell a few days ago for $5500 and figured I would take advantage of the hype. My label looks like his. Mine even has eveidence of a sticker removed in the same spot his had one.

I see a inconsistency in the box of the Anaconda I purchased tonight 6/18 on this Forum for a 8" Ported Anaconda in the box. The Lettering is all Capital, i've never seen that before either, I'm 100% sure that is factory issue, I guess the typee felt like caps on that one!

·
Banned
396 Posts
Considering what I paid, it better not be a fake! Lol

I do see a slight difference in labels and fonts on all the boxes I have stacked up in my safes, I have no idea if they ran different printers as one broke or wore out or if they replaced them over the years. I seen another one sell a few days ago for $5500 and figured I would take advantage of the hype. My label looks like his. Mine even has eveidence of a sticker removed in the same spot his had one.

I see a inconsistency in the box of the Anaconda I purchased tonight 6/18 on this Forum for a 8" Ported Anaconda in the box. The Lettering is all Capital, i've never seen that before either, I'm 100% sure that is factory issue, I guess the typee felt like caps on that one!

Did not know it was yours. One of our buyers e-mailed it to me and asked my opinion. I told him it was my understanding that all bright elites were custom shop guns and were shipped in the blue custom shop box with solid white outer sleeve. I have only had 2 bright elites and they were both in the custom shop boxes.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I've seen plenty in the blue case with label on the end. I personally have never seen one in the custom shop box with white outer sleeve. I wish I did, I would grab that one up and stash into my "Never to sell" collection. I own several STS Python Elites in the Custom shop box though.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Right, I was referring to the Brights. There is a fella in VA that has one and if you check the completed listings on Gunbroker for "Bright Python Elite" you will see the one that just sold in the blue case.

·
Banned
396 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
See you learned something tonight! Bright Elites do come in plastic cases. Lol

We'll see where this baby ends up.

I'm out for the night.

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got to admit this topic got me nervous a little bit. I'm the buyer in one of the link in post #15. Anyway, I had a chance to speak to the seller on the phone today. He sounded solid to me. So I had my dealer faxed his FFL just about an hour ago. I will be mailing the payment for the gun tomorrow.

As for the discussion about whether the Elite BSS should come in the custom shop box only or not, I have seen a couple Elite BSS in regular blue plastic boxes from a reputable dealer before. I follow the listings of this particular model quite a bit. IMO, the thing that indicates that this model is made in the Custom Shop would be the "CS" at the end of the model number which is shown on the label. I must say though that it's just my observation and that I don't know for certain.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts