Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of fake MOP grips that are decent for a polished gvt model. I would do real but I have heard you should not fire a gun with real mop grips due to them being somewhat fragile. I have seen some Colt Factory guns come with fake ones w/medallions but do not see them listed on their site.

Can anyone give their feedback on the nicest ones w/medallions that will hold up to daily carry/use?

TIA

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't have a source but you mention daily carry. Have you considered how slick the fake MOP's are? Tactically, they will not be very effective for maintain a good grip under stress. Ivory or well textured stag on the other hand provide good to excellent grip retention. Just sayin.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really wouldn't carry it but I would prefer something that is not fragile. It is more for a display gun that will be fired a lot

·
Registered
194 Posts
ebay and Gunbroker. However Altamont Grips (online) make a very good rendition and will fit medallions and their prices generally beat the ebay and Gunbroker versions. And....vendors on both sites will sell you Altamonts for more than Altamont will sell you a pair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts