Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Both...Real Fake!

I thought about emailing him about his spelling problem but said to myself Nah. He's smart enough to run a printer maybe he'll pull his head out and spell check it himself. He's been spreading his diseased listings for a few years in a market I love very much so I won't do anything to help him.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Both...Real Fake!

I thought about emailing him about his spelling problem but said to myself Nah. He's smart enough to run a printer maybe he'll pull his head out and spell check it himself. He's been spreading his diseased listings for a few years in a market I love very much so I won't do anything to help him.
Again, (like the boxman and others) you have to pay attention to the wording. He never says original boxes but ''correct numbered boxes'' so any box with the correct serial number is a correct numbered box.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I don't give a rat about his play on words or misleading language he's a cheat because he cannot succeed in the game if he plays fairly.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I think pretty much everything about them is fake, especially the last label, wow. As far as the Python and Anaconda, I believe them to be refinished. Originally plain STS.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone worry that these fake boxes/labels get to the point where there undetectable. This makes me want to sell my REAL stuff while the market is strong and before it gets to overpopulated with made up shit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does anyone worry that these fake boxes/labels get to the point where there undetectable. This makes me want to sell my REAL stuff while the market is strong and before it gets to overpopulated with made up shit.
The real stuff will always be good. That is why there are gun forums. So we can descuss the crap. Its the same with Lugers.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Before it is overpopulated with the fakes? IT IS. That is why we are all sensitive to the poliferation of the FCBM Fake Shit and the scam that is being pulled on the less knowing trying to prop up high quality guns with phony box ,hang tags,test targets,and phony labels with matching #'s to the gun or doing the "Resurected Python" trick by sending your shooter Python to Colt for a "Royal Bluing" and return to factory specs,getting it back from Colt,getting the phony matching box, label, ect and you have a LINB PYTHON. Sellers have to learn it is far better to let the gun sell on its own merits than to PISS OFF the informed Buyers who can shoot down a Sellers buisness when we out them. The Original Factory Box ect will not lose value due to the "FCBM CRAZE" because the true collector will be able to spot the fake from a mile away.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
It would be interesting to search these archives for similar threads from about 4 years ago. This was when it all started, with the first attempt at a copy of the wood-grain box and Python gold foil label. There were a number of concerned posters back then, and I suppose I can't blame them. Those that have followed this Counterfeit Colt Packaging Industry over these years, probably feel the way I do; the junk being produced today is in many ways easier to discern than the original fake box and label. In fact, I think the market has turned against these dishonest schemers, and has become more educated. Buyers and collectors have figured out that there are far fewer authentic NIB Pythons (and other Colts) out there than the bogus Gun Broker listings would lead you to believe. The more junk in the market, the more valuable your authentic package becomes.

No, I don't worry about the cheats, but like many here, I pay attention to them, and enjoy them to the fullest extent. What it must feel like for one of these characters to "base-jump" into a "Watch Out For This Guy" thread, full of juvenile bluster about his fine reputation and superior knowledge; only to realize that if he keeps it up, the next Google search of his "business" name will churn up the very thread. Most then capitulate. Some learn lessons.

Search these archives and learn how difficult it has been for these cheats to "make" the perfect fake NIB Colt. It will be a very long time indeed before they fool anyone that wants not to be fooled. Think about it, to be successful, not only would these guys have to come up with a perfect copy of the box and label, which I don't think is possible, they would have to know how to use it. Let's see, which box with which Python? Which label with which box? Which manual with which box... and which Python? I could continue with 15 or more items of packaging, all used in various combinations with numerous revisions and modifications, further complicated by a 50 year production span. The lower forms have shown us time and again that they simply don't have the temperament for this degree of strain. No, this realm is occupied by the neurotic, fueled by an insatiable thirst for knowledge and a need to possess his dreams.

In short, I ain't selling and I don't think you should either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think pretty much everything about them is fake, especially the last label, wow. As far as the Python and Anaconda, I believe them to be refinished. Originally plain STS.
If your belief is based on the fact that the serial number lookup on Colt's website reflects that the Anaconda and Python are actually stainless and not bright stainless model numbers, then you are correct. Too bad GunBroker.com doesn't have a comment section to expose this crook. Some poor sucker is going to get, well.....suckered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.