Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
As long as these clowns keep buying he will keep selling.
I think it's mainly a combination of 2 things..
1. lots of people believe him and think his stuff is legit, they don't know the difference.
2. lots of others know his stuff is fake and are buying it to make complete looking packages that they turn around and sell as factory original. they are scammers just like him.

as long as he has other scammers and uneducated buyers for his garbage he will continue to provide it and stay in business. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Well there it is... For most part we have no idea what we buy.. This is one reason why I am more than happy buying no box or papers unless there is history on the gun and a very reliable seller....

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
So, is anyone going to DEMAND Gunbroker and Ebay stop allowing fraud and counterfeit items to be sold? If everyone signed a petition, and sent it to both companies saying "we are no longer going to buy or sell and are going to recommend everyone follow our lead..." it might change. Otherwise, you are just making noise on a forum...that no one that is involved is hearing.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Colt has no incentive to waste attorney time and money chasing counterfeiters of merchandise which is no longer being sold by Colt. The counterfeiters are not damaging Colt; they are damaging after-market buyers of the counterfeit goods.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
If Colt isn't going to exerise thier legal rights then AH is going to continue making the garbage for the "Resurected Python Brigade" and the uneducated buyer.He is getting rich in the process and a few unscrupulous sellers are too. If you think for one second Ebay or Gunbroker are going to do anything to stop it you are sadly mistaken because they are getting thier piece too,and yes I did write and email both on a few occasions with no effect.As I said before we are NOT the Police.We need to just just continue doing what we are doing and educating people when asked.Every once in awhile our efforts have sellers see the light and they reform thier ways and join us.It is NOT in vain...JMHO....Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
Surely nobody really thinks that this guy just happens to have all these mint Colt-related products.It's obvious by the price he's asking that he is trying to pass them off as legit.It's a shame that Colt doesn't have them reproduced at a reasonable price for those that would like to "complete" their classic firearm.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
It is easy enough for a gun owner to "complete" thier package.There are more than a few reproduction box sellers that sell thier wares and clearly state the box is a reproduction.This wat the buyer knows what he is getting and spends alot less too.A win-win with no intent to decieve.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.