Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought these at a local gun show.. $15 for the pair.
The covers feel a little different from my other snake manuals..
Any way to tell just by looking at them?
Little new to the whole counterfeit B.S

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Jimmer, manuals are pretty easy to figure out, but you need to have a known original to compare it with. Unlike the boxes and labels, the manuals are somewhat difficult to judge with photos alone. A few years ago I acquired some reproduction manuals from an Ebay seller that has been doing this for a long time and who advertises his manuals as reproductions (Rediscovered Shooting Treasures). I wanted to know how they compared to my known originals. Well, in a side by side comparison, the reproductions are obvious; very easy to judge. I was comparing the reproductions to Python and Diamondback manuals from the late 1970s. My known originals were in new condition, meaning the difference was not wear, it was in the details of the printing, scaling, and color.

Maybe someone in the Forum can post a photo of his original (rev. April 96).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't have anything to compare it to at the time.. figured 15 bucks, Why not!:0
They might be real but just have more of a waxy feel to the cover compared to lets say my Anaconda manuals which were made around the same time.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
If you wanted a manual to have a manual for 15 bucks it serves the purpose.Get a real and original side by side and you will easily tell real from fake. It is a little difficult to tell from pics ,not like spotting fake boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts