Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the Colt Forum-I hope I am doing this the right way.
I have quite an extensive collection of newer, tactical guns that has taken most of my "gun time" up the past few years-but I have recently been focused on expanding my knowledge to the older stuff. I started with my collection of family heirlooms. During my research on one of them, I ran across this forum and thought yall would appreciate it and hopefully could help me get more info on it.

COLT REVOLVER INFO.JPG PERSONAL PICS 016.jpg PERSONAL PICS 013.jpg PERSONAL PICS 001.jpg

·
Premium Member
20,196 Posts
Looks like a Bisley that was shipped to the famous Copper Queen mining operation. At some time an owner evidently had it engraved and plated as well as outfitted with some fancy grips. The pictures of the engraving are so out of focus that no estimate of quality can be made. Better pictures would allow some of us to give you input on the quality of the engraving.

·
Premium Member
20,196 Posts
The grips seem to offer the most information on the gun. It must have been the pride and joy of a constable of Galveston County. The engraving is definitely not of the quality of that done by the Colt factory, so I suspect a local engraver did the engraving for the Constable.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A lot of good folks and info to be found here.

You might want to go back and edit your first post and remove the image of the Colt letter and post a new one with the address covered. No point getting more info out there than you need to.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Great gun, super grips. I love guns like this, undoubtedly loaded with history. Going to the Copper Queen adds a bunch, along with the caliber. With the information on the grips, research is in order.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Wow! Now that's a Bar-B-Q gun! The engraving is very shallow and doesn't show the quality one would expect of a master engraver. The stocks and letter give you all the info you need to chase down the constable. Have you taken off the stocks to check for other markings? Anyone else think it may be silver plated?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts