Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this link in a reply to another thread. There is some really interesting things in here. They show the gun that Luca Brasi allegedly had in a scene in the Godfather but I don't think I believe its correct. In the movie I'm pretty sure it's an early S&W 357 magnum. The gun shown in this link is a Colt trooper MKIII with a full shouded ejector rod. Wasn't the ejector rod exposed on Colt troopers and Lawmen in 1972 when the movie came out?

http://guernseys.com/auctions/pugliese/prohibitedlots.pdf

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
# 189 is also incorrect. It was definitely NOT a Lawman MkIII that Sonny Corleone sticks in his pants in that scene in the Godfather.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I believe #704 is also wrong. Robert Stack used either an Army Special or an Official Police in the series, I believe a 5" in the pilot and a 4" thereafter. I remember an article about Stembridge Rentals that showed a picture of the 4" one on display along with several other Hollywood guns.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,091 Posts
LOTS of wrong stuff there.
Clint Eastwood's pistol in the "Unforgiven" was a Starr revolver, not a Walker Colt. He used Walker's in "The Outlaw Josie Wales".

Luca Brazi's pistol was a pre-war S&W 3 1/2" Magnum. After the war it was called the Model 27, before the war it was a Registered Magnum.

None of the other Godfather guns look correct either.
I'd want some very serious documentation on this stuff, given the obvious errors.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Twaits, what is the date of the Guernseys catalogue or has the auction already taken place? Had a look on their website but couldn't find any reference.

Racingsnake

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure of the date. I just did a google search for "Jack Ruby's Cobra" and I found that link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts