Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm Fanner50 on a lot of sites, Glock Talk being one of them. My first Colt was a Match Target .22 back in 1970 and I've owned a couple of Gold Cups and a Combat Commander in the past. At the last gunshow I picked up a 4" blue Python that was made in 1970. It has some holster wear but it is tight and all original, including the grips.
At the range using handloads it put four bullets into one hole at about fifteen yards using a pistol rest. The four 38 caliber bullets made one hole that was about 40 caliber.
It was amazing. Wish I could shoot that well without a rest. On well..... Anyhow, I've got Python fever. Is there a cure? I sure hope so, this could get expensive in a hurry. This site is a wealth of information for a beginning Colt wheelgun guy. Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Welcome. The vast wealth of information is what drew me to this site as well. AND to answer your question. NO there is no known cure for python fever. The symptoms can be relieved somewhat with the purchase of diamondbacks though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello and welcome, Fanner!
Once you have the first Python you're hooked!
I shoot mine offhand, and am constantly amazed that an old semi-blind guy like me can be made to look so good by that Python AND the Officers Models, too!
Enjoy this great forum.
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts