Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started off with WWI rifles, then WWII rifles and I started WWII Pistols then there was a Trench Gun thread. To keep it going let's start a WWI Pistol thread.

Of, course my 1911 made in 1918 will top the list as as this is a Colt forum I would expect many to be shown. I'll start with some different ones, both of which were used in both world wars.

A Smith & Wesson 1917. Posed with a 1917 dated holster, Eagle Snap garrison belt and half moon clips. Tight and a great shooter.

A Webley Mk IV in .455 Webley or as the British call it (and marked as such) 450/455. Used in the Boer Wars through WWII as a secondary weapon. Posed with period web belt, canteen and helmet. Not a bad shooter but does shave some lead.

Let's see what you have!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Walther P-38 AC 42 with matching number mag and I have the holster

K.I. Luger built supposedly for SS Camp Guards and I have the holster

CZ 24 rig with two matching numbered magazines

1941 Femaru rig with two matching numbered magazines

Nazi Star B from the 1942 shipment which were not waffen stamped. I have the original holster to it.

Nambu type 14 rig with one matching magazine from October 1930

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
A Smith M1917. Came with a holster marked with Co. D 339th Infantry and dated Sep 20 1918. Owner name on holster verified as member of 339th Infantry Veterans Association. The 339th "Polar Bears" served in North Russia, 1918-1919.
I think this revolver went to Russia, as a U. S. Army issued weapon, for a while. It has been around some but still shoots well.

P7020020.jpg

rayb

1 - 20 of 96 Posts