Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It appears that We the People have lost this round in Sam Colt country.

» Federal court upholds Connecticut's new gun control law » News -- GOPUSA

I found it particularly frightening to read where the judge "wrote that the state's ownership and sales ban is justified when the government's goal of reducing violence is measured against the ban's impingement on Second Amendment rights." (emphasis mine)

This one I also find very ominous: "The plaintiffs argued that the ban is unfairly discriminatory because it exempts off-duty military and police officers by allowing them to own and use the weapons and magazines, even while off duty."

Though I am a career military man, I do not feel I am more privileged than the citizens I was sworn to defend. JM2CW.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Such a gambit needs to be challenged, and rebuked, definitely. It is irrational and falsely based in it's 'justifcation' and quality of 'reason'.

I hope such challenge and rebuke will occur promptly and with success to overturn it and to embarrass/expose who-ever was behind it and it's illegality.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
We have already appealed to the next level. Yes, the part exempting personally owned guns of cops is really weak, violates equal protection under the law. Needs to go all the way to SCOTUS.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That Federal Circuit is notoriously anti-Second Amendment. The language noted above about balancing reducing violence against impinging on 2A rights is just different wording from Justice Scalia's opinion in Heller where he said the Constitution does allow the States to regulate firearms. Will be interesting to see how this shapes up on Appeal viz Equal Protection. There are instances where the law allows different treatment of military - the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act is one although it does not have to do with 2A.

The galling thing about this is it was a Republican who put that bill up in the State Senate and championed it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I doubt the courts will rule in favor of overturning these ban. Part of the long term plan to disarm the filthy peasants. Next step , your papers please. Go ahead , line up and register them, make their job easier

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
The States are scared shitless of the MILLIONS OF People who are armed and can act if need be.Especially with the Crew that are in power now.Isn't it funny this very fact which stopped Japan dead in the water at the thought of invading America is instilling fear in OUR GOVERNMENT NOW.This is the precise reason the Second Ammendment is in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.