Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: Feel the Pain! - 4\" Anaconda .45

But it's not over.
There's still time to steal this deal away from these two knuckleheads.
Bid now and bid BIG.
I would, but I'm not THAT GUNKWAZY. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Re: You guys are nuts!

This gun can still be easily produce by Colt. If enough of us got together and sent our wishes to the factory, they would run another batch of these. How would you feel paying 2K for a gun only to be now offered for 1k retail? The anaconda new was a $600 retail gun in the nighties but may have been built with very little profit margin like the Colt 22. Look what happened when the market went to over 1k after the gun was discontinued. Yes, you guessed it. The factory brought it back. Colt is very caught up in Defense contracts and when that obligation is completed then I would speculate they will look at what can be sold on the commercial end with desirablitiy and profit in mind. And as always just my .02.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Smkummer,

I bet the wishlist wouldn't stop with the Anaconda! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

In my area the Anaconda stayed a $600 to $650 revolver after it was no longer a production run gun. When it became a Custom Shop gun and the price went up to $1000 we all thought that was rediculous and very few sold around here.

·
Registered
345 Posts

It's over and the price floored me enough I'm haveing a hard time justifieing keeping mine.If it's worth this much today,think how much it'd be worth in a year,or if it had been properly auctioned off.But from the gavel price I don't even know if a properly presented piece would have brought a bigger price.I betcha that Joe/Deb could have gotten maybe 10% more.They're good presentors of auction items.I take my hat off to them in their professionalism.

When I decide to auction mine off I'll let you know,,but of course most know my nick where ever I go as chevis.(Makes for easy rememberance that way)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
It's over and the price floored me enough I'm haveing a hard time justifieing keeping mine.If it's worth this much today,think how much it'd be worth in a year,or if it had been properly auctioned off.But from the gavel price I don't even know if a properly presented piece would have brought a bigger price.I betcha that Joe/Deb could have gotten maybe 10% more.They're good presentors of auction items.I take my hat off to them in their professionalism.

When I decide to auction mine off I'll let you know,,but of course most know my nick where ever I go as chevis.(Makes for easy rememberance that way)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chevis, my advice is to not make any decision to sell in haste. I don't want to see you posting on my "regret I sold my Colt" post in year from now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See ya at the BIG Tulsa gun show on Friday. My pulse is already beginning to quicken. Hopefully the Colt god will shine down on us.

·
Registered
106 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

When I decide to auction mine off I'll let you know,,but of course most know my nick where ever I go as chevis.(Makes for easy rememberance that way) [/
quote]

Give it a try. You might get lucky and find somebody just as stupid as that guy did, with his auction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts