Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been stalking a Nickle Target for a several years. Found one locally from a private collector. Has been shot but in very good shape with the smallest of handling marks that is typical of nickel. He always threw away his boxes over the years so no box or paperwork but overall a very nice gun. Here are some pics. Now I have to decide weather to shoot it or not :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you always going to wonder what everyone gushes about when discussing Pythons? Or will you shoot it and find out?
I said this in another thread, but what's the point of owning something great like a Python and never fully appreciate the craftsmanship that went into building it? It's like buying a Picasso and sticking it in the closet to protect it from damage and sunlight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I will probably shoot it. I have another 6 inch blue so I know what they are about but I swear the trigger on the Target seems just a little smoother and lighter. Maybe they did something different to the Target version but it is very sweet. I am really excited about it. Now I have already started looking for number 3. I am hunting a 4 inch shooter because I want to use it for practical shooting comp.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That is very nice indeed. I, too, have been looking for a Python Target. I want it to shoot local PPC matches. Yours is super clean. Would love to see the target after a cylinder full of Wadcutters. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
For a "Junior" member you sure grew up in a hurry. I suspect you were undercover Colt lover. Beautiful pistol. I have never seen one but the pictures are great.
I say shoot it, but you are the decider and really don't need to tell us what you decided. Above all, enjoy that puppy, err I mean that snake.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Beautiful guns. I've got a LNIB blue Im doing some trading with to a guy on,well, you probably know what, says he doesn't have a blue yet but owns about 10 of the shinys? Looks like a very nice piece you just aquired

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.