Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I‘ve been searching for an 1903 Pocket Hammerless 32 ACP for a number of years in my mid-Michigan area. I’ve also kept an eye on the online sources (Guns International, Gunbroker, Cabelas) with limited success. Usually the pistol was in the right condItion but outside my spending limit or within my limit but in a worse condition than my OCD could tolerate.

Cabelas was usually the most frustrating. Pistols across various stores in similar condition could differ in price by 30-40% (Cabelas, under the right conditions, can be a better deal then GB or GI since there is no CC, shipping or FFL fees). However, last week was a score! There was a pistol at an ok price but the two pictures provided were questionable. I took a shot after talking with the store and the pistol arrived this week. I’m quite pleased that I was able to make the right decision given the pictures provided. It’s a 1910 issue with the correct magazine and nice fire-blue. It certainly has character marks but, hey, I’m less than half its age and I have far more marks! Interestingly, the “H” in Hartford is clearly “double struck”. I don’t own any Colts with that imperfection so a “bonus”. I can’t wait to take it to the range…. Here’s some pics, disregard the residual oil spots.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts