Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a Colt. I have a Springfield Range Officer which I love but finally got the pistol I have wanted, a Stainless Colt XSE. I didn't know they came with a National Match barrel, I assume thats what the N M stands for on the barrel? I can't wait to put some rounds through it. I am looking forward to learning some great things from this site.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with the newer Colts, I love my Defender, but had a bad experience with a 1991A1 in 1993. I feel all of the other companies making 1911's made colt get their act together. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum. Congrats on the new XSE! Yes, indeed, the NM stamping on the barrel stands for National Match. Enjoy your new gun and report back how you like it. Nice to have you here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the Combat Elite was the only XSE that has the National Match barrel installed?
Thats what I thought from the comparison I did on the colt website because I was going to order a XSE Combat Elite and decided not to, Also after trying Google what does Model O stand for on the sticker?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the sight height for the front sight? I would like to replace it with a fiber optic one or a good set of night sights.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Also was $1050.00 a good price on thice pistol?
That's about the going rate from reputable gun stores. I've seen them as high as $1350 for the same model.

Let me define reputable gun store; that store which has a reputation for fair and honest dealings, pricing typically under their competitor, backs every purchase "satisfaction guaranteed" and greets you as you walk in the establishment with a kind word and a helpful question. A store that you'd return to and recommend to every friend looking for a fair deal. They are not as plentiful as I'd like to see but I'm old school and remember when service and a friendly handshake sealed every deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone know of a safety that is not ambi that would drop in or require the least amount of fitting. I understand that most parts aren't just drop in on the 1911 but if anyone has an XSE and replaced the safety and that required no or little fitting I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the gorgeous xse,I just picked up a combat commander xse and just blown away by the fit and finish.
Congratulations on your new pistol. Colt has really done it with this one I am still ecstatic about this pistol. I finally got to shoot it the other day and it shoots great no FTE FTF definitely shoots better than me. My other 1911 is going to be jealous. Let us know how yours shoots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts