Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
That's one of the nicest ones we have seen in some time.

Was going to bid on it ourselves, but passed because of another gun bid in the pipeline. Can't afford em all!

I am so glad one of our stalwart very active forum members got it. Is it going to be a safe queen?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely a safe queen. I bought some of the Reniassance wax and it will be polished up real nice. S/N dates it to 1959 production. The auction says it is C&R and I hope this is true. Seller seems to know his business and I don't think he would offer to ship to C&R if it wasn't.

I think I am going to start concentrating on boxes for those I do not have and will need to find one for this. If anyone can confirm what style to look for, please let me know. I think these were the two piece with wood grain top and green inside, with only the description on the yellow labeled outside.

If anyone has a picture for this type of box, please post it.

Thanks,

Mark A.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I watched that one too, even though it's not my passion quite yet. Nice addition. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very nice purchase, that is a beautiful Colt. I thought a gun had to be at least 50 years old to be on the C&R List ? I'm probably wrong, but you may want to check. Take care, shoodaddy

·
Registered
191 Posts
manderson, my bad ! The Colt officer's Match is on the C&R list. I went to the ATF Online website and it is definitely on the list, from 1953-1969. I was wrong about a gun having to be at least 50 years old to be on the list. Enjoy your new purchase, she's gorgeous !!! shoodaddy

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, but probably because it's obviously a target gun and you couldn't possibly assault anyone with that. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
323 Posts
manderson,
What a beauty! Had one same year...Great accuracy and action.
That gun IS C&R.
You've made an excellent purchase! Enjoy.
Don

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here's the box my '57 OMM .22 came in - sorry for the picture, it was taken by the dealer. The gun was like new when I got it, boy is it fun to shoot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts