Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been waiting for quite sometime to post here, I've owned many Colt's and usually post in the long gun section and today I get to post here. Nothing special brand new paid $1899.00 plus tax but she's mine. One flaw on the backstrap where the top right screw secures it to the frame a slight maybe 32d of an inch screwdriver slip from the factory and I'am not sending it back it's an original Colt screw up. Finish is amazing as is the build quality, amazing piece of metallic art.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Model Builder:

What a great way to start with your brand new, beautiful Colt SAA!

The 5-1/2 inch barrel and gorgeous finish are both very complimentary for this single action revolver.

I am assuming it is .45 Colt caliber, but whatever the bore size is, this revolver is a gem!

J.D. Press

P.S. Your description of "metallic art" is a great way to describe a Colt Single Action Army revolver!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks everyone, I still can't believe I found one and yes it's chambered in .45 and the combination I prefer. I build models professionally and work part time as an NRA cert.RSO and NRA basic pistol instructor at a local indoor range/ gunshop but the majority of the time I'am behind the sales counter pushing the new King Cobra's.

Here's a picture of my other part time job so I can appreciate fine craftsmanship that is put into every SAA. I can find slight filing marks on the front blade but that's with a loop on, the finish is astounding. Purely mechanical art as I described before, I love my Uberti's but this is something special and the grips stay tight on this :))

Here's picture of my work the model is 3d printed, all shingles on the ascent stage are individual as are the kapton foil panels on the descent stage and if you look closely there's a stowed LRV in the forward quadrant right side look for two small american flags on the folded fenders. Ascent stage has a complete interior and if you want to see more of my work it's featured on collectspace my username there is historyinminiature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts